What apps have you had removed? VoiceDialer gone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SFStateStudent, Aug 8, 2008.

1. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've noticed VoiceDialer has been removed, during my morning Sync. Anyone else missing apps? :confused:

2. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

My filthy rich program is gone, too!

3. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Oh yeah, that one is gone as well. All I know is that I lost (4) apps this morning during my Sync and the only one that I caught was my VoiceDialer. :(

4. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Oh well...you're living in Apple's world now!!! *insert evil laughter from Jobs.

5. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

anyone know WHY they got rid of Voice Dialer?

6. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm wondering if they are doing "after-the-fact" screening and deletions? :p

7. pj rage macrumors 6502

Wait, so if I sync will they remove my voicedialer app from my phone. (The free one right?)

8. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Was that the one that proclaimed itself as free during the beta period? Maybe the publisher removed it from the App Store to get ready for the non-free version

9. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

^^^ I agree Phil, but it wasn't really that good. I would voice my contact and sometimes I would get a contact with the same last name and other times I would get one out of the blue. So, I'm really confused at this point. And yes, when I did the Sync, iTunes announced that I had lost (4) apps, but I thought it was the usual prompt about such, and such a song or music video wasn't able to be Sncyed AGAIN.:(

10. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

How can they take away apps that you paid for? :confused:

11. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

no, the free one was speech cloud or whatever. I wasnt a fan of that one.. and read HORRIBLE reviews on all of the others too.. i'm waiting a few months before i buy one to see if any bugs get fixed.. and different company, ifonix or something is coming out with one too, and they have done PDA voice dialers before.

I just dont get it.. if shazam can listed to less than a minute of a song and pick out the name and album out of MILLIONS of different songs, WHY cant an app listen to my voice and pick out a name out of my 50 contacts.

12. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've invested in One Voice (onev.com), but I haven't seen anything from them that is compatible with my 3G iPhone.:(

13. pj rage macrumors 6502

I have the one from speech cloud I think. It lists itself as "voice dialer" in the home page. I don't use it because I don't need voice dial, but I did try it after I got it, and it got 9/10 different contacts I tried - not too bad. They had released an update that I think helped it.

I wish the reviews had a way of reflecting updates better. Cuz if a program sucks first go 'round, everyone gives it terrible reviews, then they could make it perfect and the reviews are useless.

14. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

I agree, I wish it did like Betanews.com and added the version number to the comments.