Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

edlsen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
This is my first iPad (and my first Apple product) so what apps would be best to get right away to best use the new capabilities?

Is there anything being specifically being released in the next five days that has been beefed up with better graphics or higher resolution?

Thanks
Jared

dread

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
The best app to start is appadvice. It gives you the best of for every category and tells you when apps go on sale or become free for a limited time.

Other than that my favorite apps are
pulse
pandora
splash top remote desktop
cnn
use today
cnbc real time
engadget
Facebook
remote (apple's app)

Comment

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
The best app to start is appadvice. It gives you the best of for every category and tells you when apps go on sale or become free for a limited time.

Other than that my favorite apps are
pulse
pandora
splash top remote desktop
cnn
use today
cnbc real time
engadget
Facebook
remote (apple's app)

he is talking about retina ready apps. these apps listed here will not all be retina ready on the 16th.

Comment

socaltyger

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2011
The Facebook app was horrible for my iPad 2. Slow loading and kept crashing. I had so much hope for it but ended up going back to MyPad.

The ultimate show-off app will be Speedtest just to show the LTE speed. After that would be the next Infinity Blade.

Comment

mad-jamie16

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2010
England
The new Infinity Blade would look good, Rage HD, Apples new app iPhoto, other than that theres not that many apps that will take advantage of the new retina display. Give it a couple weeks though, there will be tonnes.

Comment

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
I don't have it yet (haven't upgraded to 5.1 due to jailbreak), but I think iPhoto will be a real winner with the retina display.

I also always recommend FlipBoard to new iPad owners - not so much to show off the display, but to show off how the iPad (with any display) changes how you use the web. I remember when I first loaded a twitter feed into it and saw it turn into basically a magazine it clicked for me exactly what was so special about this little machine.

Comment

edlsen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
Thanks everyone'
, I guess I'll head over to the store and look around for the Apple apps to start. Friday can't come soon enough!

Comment

mikepro

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Subscription to Hustler.com

Or, load up your own photos and show off the photo app and iPhoto.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.