Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asdfTT123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
I just got a new SR Macbook a few weeks ago and the temps I'm getting on it according to the iStat Pro widget reads anywhere between 32-80 Celcius depending on the task. Right now, with just Safari, Adium, and iTunes, it's reading around 60. Do these temperatures seem right? My computer seems reasonably quiet most of the time and I can barely hear the fan until it gets to 70+.

TheStu

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I just got a new SR Macbook a few weeks ago and the temps I'm getting on it according to the iStat Pro widget reads anywhere between 32-80 Celcius depending on the task. Right now, with just Safari, Adium, and iTunes, it's reading around 60. Do these temperatures seem right? My computer seems reasonably quiet most of the time and I can barely hear the fan until it gets to 70+.

Mine usually sits a little under 60C when doing basic things (what you have running + Mail) and although I heard that the Santa Rosa Core 2 Duos run cooler than then older Core Duos, apparently that may have been exaggerated, though I would wait for others to chime in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.