What are all the tests I can do to test my new Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mac*chick, Apr 27, 2010.

1. mac*chick macrumors member

Hello,

I ordered a i7 15" Macbook Pro high resolution anti glare screen over a week ago. I've been reading lots of forums on the subject and have heard about the small print, yellow tint to the bottom half of the screen, the laptop not sleeping etc.

So I contacted the store to find out about the possibility of returning it if I'm not happy. They said I can spend all the time in the store with it but as soon as I leave the store there is a 15% restocking fee. It hasn't arrived yet but I'm expecting it any day now.

Can someone tell me all the tests I can perform in the store before I leave?

2. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

The first thing i do is check for pixel errors which you might not see immediately but can get very annoying.
    Just watch at full screen a white a black picture with nothing but the color. You can also try red , green blue to see really everything.
    Also I would check the Idle battery runtime it shows out of the box.
    According to tests the 15" should show something at a little over 11h and I think a little over 13h on 13". That shows you if there is nothing wrong with the battery or that you got a really bad VCore CPU.

3. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I can comment on the yellow tint issue, I brought my less than 2 week old HR AG MBP in and told them about the yellow tint, got a new one in a matter of minutes, no restock fee. Unfortunately the new one has the same problem.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Just use it. All I normally do is check for dead pixels or ramdom defects upon first boot and then enjoy it. Don't let the complaints on this board drive you crazy.

5. mac*chick thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the comments on here have driven me nuts over my decision and I didn't have the luxury of checking any of the new Macbook Pros in the store and they didn't have any display models as they are so new (the manager hadn't even seen a matte one).

There is also a pixel test I found on this forum: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=901710&highlight=pixel+test

Is the yellow tint obvious? I'm hoping my Macbook Pro is a good one without defects.