What are all these windows ? Three fingered gestures

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by redchannel, Feb 25, 2009.

1. redchannel macrumors regular

redchannel

Every time i open Firefox and some other third party applications this big box comes up and this other little thing comes up. what are they ? I've included the link via flickr if anyone can help me out. BTW is there any way i can enable the three fingered gestures for Firefox like it works for Safari ?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31142518@N05/3309467198/

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

It means you have to install the application, and the icon on your desktop is the .dmg file, not the actual app, so after you drag the firefox icon into the apps folder (hence the arrow), just right click on the icon on the desktop and eject the .dmg file.

Check your applications folder to see if you already have installed whatever programs you have that are doing that. If you haven't actually installed them, then do what I said up there ^

And for multitouch gestures in Firefox, look into MultiClutch.

3. redchannel thread starter macrumors regular

redchannel

Firefox is in the applications folder, i dont know why it keeps on promting me to move it there. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You need to open the Firefox application in your Applications folder. It looks like you're opening the disk image that was used to install it...delete that. If you want, drag Firefox from your Applications folder to the Dock to create a shortcut.

5. redchannel thread starter macrumors regular

redchannel

Yea i think that was it, when i initially set up my shortcut from my dock i dragged the disk image thing on to the dock rather than pull it from the applications folder, that seemed to help. thanks !