What are differences?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone82, Sep 26, 2015.

1. iPhone82 macrumors member

iPhone82

Like most of you I paid for the iPhone 6S Plus outright from Apple. The only option there was (the night of the pre order on the 12th) was the T-mobile non-contract iPhone. Is there a difference between this phone and the one you'd get from ATT? (I use ATT not T-mobile) Just wanted to ask.

2. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

No. Same phone shipped from the same factory made by the same company.

3. iPhone82 thread starter macrumors member

iPhone82

I was talking about the unlocked part, if it was the same as far as what bands it picks up

4. Conan86, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015

Conan86 macrumors 6502

AT&T models cover this band which the others don't: 30 (2300 MHz)
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

finally got your question..

Both phone would be unlocked if you paid the full price but the model would be different, as stated in the link above. Why pay the same money for the T-Mobile device when the AT&T model gives you everything T-Mobile does plus one more band coverage?

5. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

The AT&T model covers one extra bad that should help quite a bit for AT&T users living in urban areas. Not many phones support that band yet, which means that the AT&T iPhone 6s should get great reception. As far as I know, the TMobile model does not support this awesome awesome band. :eek:

6. mhunter6378 macrumors regular

According to Apple's web page listing LTE bands by model, the T Mobile versions (A1687 & A1688) lack band 30 while the AT&T versions (A1633 & A1634) have band 30. Otherwise they appear to be the same. I purchased the AT&T version at full price through Apple. When I received it I connected to iTunes upon unboxing to do a new setup and update to 9.0.1 so I could restore from my iP6 backup and when I did I received the "Congratulations you're unlocked" screen. Wasn't expecting that and figured I'd have to request it through AT&T but got it straight away.