What are my chances at a replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Shwonx, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Shwonx macrumors member

Hey Guys. I got my iPhone the December that just passed, and have had a few problems. I noticed shortly after getting it that the earphone water sensor was slightly pinkish as no fault of my own. I did NOT expose it to any watyer whatsoever, (practically left it in the box for the first 2 weeks) but recently it has gone away. Not sure if lint is in there, but it seemed white. I think it has lint in there now, but whatev, that isn't even the point of this thread.

Providing there is no water damage and that isn't an issue, I have discovered cracks on the white back of my phone, (near the earphone jack, dock connector, volume switch, volume mute, and power button), I have 2 or 3 dead pixels, and tons of dust under my screen.

Will they replace it with a new/referb with the presented problems? Also, does a referb have a new screen/back, but referbished insides? I don't care as long as the front and back look brand new and it functions well.

2. NYRGirardi5 macrumors member

The phone comes with a 1 yr warranty. So as long as there is no water damage they will more than likely replace it due to the dead pixels.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Give it a try, you got nothing to lose.
    As long as your sensors are not tripped when they check them you will get a replacement.

4. Gin Gin macrumors regular

Gin Gin

I just got my 3GS replaced last week due to a small crack near the dock connector. It was easy, the genius didn't hesitate to offer me a replacement. The first thing they do though is shine a light in the headphone jack and the dock connector to look for the pink dot indicating water damage. If your water sensors are pink it will void your warranty. And yes the refurbs have a new screen, back, battery & they've checked all the other parts.

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

More than one sensor has to be tripped to void the warranty. This is APple's policy but don't be a jerk about it or they may void your warranty anyway.