What are my chances of getting an iPhone 6 in NY?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stig722, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Stig722 macrumors newbie

I live abroad (outside of the US), and I will be coming to N.Y. I will be there between October 1st and October 10th. I want to get an iPhone 6 (not a plus). I want to T-mobile iPhone 6 in grey with either 64GB or 128GB (whatever is available).

If I order from apple.com, and get it sent to my hotel, will the phone make it to my hotel by October 10th? I think it would be quite messy sending an phone delivery to a hotel.

It would be best if I could just walk into the apple store and pick it up myself. What are the chances do you think, of apple shops in NY having a constant stock of the t mobile iPhone 6?

Or put simply, what would be the best thing for me to do, given my circumstances, in order to get my hands on an iPhone 6?

2. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Well Apple stocked up the iphone 6 stock rather well. While all models and colors are in stock they do have stock of the 6

3. Stig722 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just checked, not a single shop in the NY has even one in stock.

4. alent1234 macrumors 603

Plain iphone 6 128gb is in stock everywhere here in nyc

5. Stig722 thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you sure about that? The Tmobile 128GB iPhone 6?

When I go to apple.com, pick the grey iPhone 6 from t mobile and then check availability, it's out of stock everywhere. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Where and when did you get that info? iPhone 6 stock was plentiful over the launch weekend, but dried up by around Tues-Wed. The T-Mobile stock is especially depleted -- when I went by Grand Central the Apple Store salespeople were telling everyone thinking of getting in line for the iPhone that they had no T-Mobile models available.

BTW, if OP is thinking of getting the T-Mobile because it is unlocked, any iPhone you buy at full price is unlocked, even though nobody will admit that they are unlocked. I bought an AT&T iPhone 6 at full price, and it was unlocked. However, you can't order a full price model online. You have to stand in line at a store in order to get one.

Who knows, maybe by around Oct 10, there will be more stock. It's impossible to tell.

7. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

tmobile stock is very low but in general 128gb hasn't been too tough to get, at least my experience on verizon. The verizon model is unlocked too

----------

my suggestion would be to get a verizon one.

8. Stig722 thread starter macrumors newbie

9. anders72 macrumors newbie

Was at the Apple store on Fifth avenue before 5AM, they didn't get any iPhone 6 today.

10. Stig722 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for sharing. Looks like the 6 is not available anywhere within NY.

11. nyyankees325 macrumors newbie

the verizon version is unlocked as well.

12. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

I don't think you'll see the T-Mobile unlocked version any time soon, however if you check the versions for other carriers and see that there's inventory, you can go to the apple store and buy it 'Device Only' - this will (usually) make it unlocked.

To be safe, I'd ask for the Verizon iPhone 6 at full retail (the SIM card on this model is always unlocked).

13. Stig722 thread starter macrumors newbie

might just have to get a 5S at this point :-(

14. Dan70 macrumors regular

Do not get it delivered to the hotel. I'd highly advise going to a store. Either reserving it and picking it up or just going in a buying one is your best bet. It's too much money to expect it to be delivered without problems at anywhere that is your home.

15. alent1234 macrumors 603

they have gold 128GB AT&T models in stock according to apple

16. SonRK macrumors 6502

I was in NYC Sunday to pick up an iphone, and they had iPhones for instore pick up when I checked on the iMacs to see how the stocks were.

Didn't seem that hard at all

17. alent1234 macrumors 603

word is the chineese black market is imploding so plenty of iphones soon

18. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

Pretty damn easy just go to SoHo store. Went last Sunday and got it after hour and a half of line.

19. cles1212 macrumors newbie

Soho and West 14th have been showing availability all day...I'm hoping I'll be able to snag a 6 tonight (haven't tried yet) I can only go to Grand Central early morning (often not early enough, I work next door and come in from NJ) and 5th had nothing yesterday afternoon.

I'd love to do online pickup but alas I am poor and need to use the trade in credit on the new phone :p