General What are my options?? (Internet Dillema..)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MexiDawg, Jan 17, 2014.

1. MexiDawg macrumors newbie

Long story short:

Im in a place where internet is both slow & unstable. I can deal with slow, but its guaranteed to d/c more often than not.

My dillema is, my ipad is on 5.1.1 and I want to update it to 7.0.4 via iTunes..the problem is, its literally a 30hr download-time to download the update. I figured it would resume after every disconnect, but 2 times out of 3, it will start the download from scratch.

My problem is, when Apple pushes out a new iOS version (7.0.5?) iTunes will no longer sign off on 7.0.4 which will mean I have no means of Jailbreaking since evasi0n only goes up to 7.0.4 at the moment.

As we all know, JB'ing has become a lot slower than in the past, and I dont want to get screwed out of a iOS 7 JB and be stuck at 5.1.1 JB because of my internet situation.

Is there sometype of workaround I can do? I wont have access to 'regular' internet (which should download the update in minutes..) until March...

2. mon999 macrumors newbie

download it via torrent. search torrent sites for it. you will find one if you're lucky.
    otherwise, someone here can download the firmware you need and create a torrent for u.

3. Superman80 macrumors regular

Can you ask a friend to download it from another location and have them send you it on a memory card?

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

5. MexiDawg thread starter macrumors newbie

it would take at least 10 days to arrive to my location..and thats being optimistic.

...and knowing apple, they'll probably push out a 7.0.5 update within the next few days just to bar others from JB'ing...

looking at torrents now.