What are my options when downgrading?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by YourHerojb, Jul 15, 2013.

1. YourHerojb macrumors regular

I'm aware that you can restore to ios 6 using a pre-beta backup, but is there any other options so that I don't feel like I'm going completely backward? I do have a backup, just curious.

Does it work to download ios 6 and use iTunes to "upgrade" manually to that download? Will this cause any problems?

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

You can't update from iOS 7 to iOS 6.

If you have a pre-beta backup, shift + restore to iOS 6 and then choose the back up during the setup.

3. YourHerojb thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply! I suppose this is my only option then.

On the other hand, can I backup ios 7 now and restore that and update when the next beta comes out? I mainly just don't want to lose my app/folder layout for ios 7 as well as system settings and etc

4. Tamagotchi macrumors 6502

Tamagotchi

Just Google iOS 6 ipsw download or something. Then ALT+click restore, select the ipsw and you are back to iOS6. However you'll lose your stuff from iOS7.

5. YourHerojb thread starter macrumors regular

That is the alternate method I was hoping for. Although I don't know what all counts as "stuff from ios 7" do you just mean settings and things that are only available in 7?

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

He means everything because you can't put an iOS 7 backup onto iOS 6.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Restoring your current backup of iOS 7 in a future beta may not give you the results you desire if too many things change.