What are my options?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PC Surgeon, Jun 9, 2009.

1. PC Surgeon macrumors newbie

I know go ahead and blast me for it. I heard all the rumors about a new iPhone weeks ago but when I talked to an AT&T salesman he said it was only going to be a software update and was sure of it. So about 9 days ago I purchased an iPhone 16GB version for $299 and then today they have these new versions. What are my options for getting the new one? Can I cancel my account and return the phone until the 17th and purchase the Gs? New contract price?

2. dseig001 macrumors member

9 days? I would simply return the phone next Friday (You have 30 days to return it) and buy the new one

3. PC Surgeon thread starter macrumors newbie

at the new contract price?

Edit: I got it at Best Buy if that makes a difference.

4. hcoteen2008 macrumors regular

Yes. That is what I was going to do, but I didn't feel like doing it in the end. I talked to Apple and AT&T and that is what they said I could do since I purchased my iPhone on May 28th.

5. hcoteen2008 macrumors regular

Well, that is different. I got mine at Wal-Mart and the AT&T rep said that I could take the receipt of the return and show it to a manager and explain to them and it could work. If I were you I would go and talk to a manager who will be working that day (June 19th) so he will know your situation or ask him to put notes on your account or to type something up to give you that price.