What are options (verizon edge)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ashenfang, Dec 8, 2014.

1. ashenfang macrumors member

Long story short, had my iPhone 6 plus for around two months. I love the phone screen size but am having problems with it being too big. The reg 6 is much easier for me to handle. Since having the phone I have dropped it twice (fumbling getting out of pocket) and thankfully the drops were on carpet and caused no damage with the exception of the last one where the phone hit carpet and bounced against a door stop cracking the zagg glass screen protector (iPhone screen was fine).

The phone is on edge. Is there anything that I can do to "trade" is this phone for a 6? Or am I simply forced to sell this one , and pay off the entire balance with the funds and then "edge" a new phone?

2. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Pay it off and sell it. You have had it for 2 months already so you really don't have many options at this point. Sorry!

3. ashenfang thread starter macrumors member

That's kinda what I figured. Pay off with credit card and sell it, then edge a new phone.

4. Centient macrumors 6502

I think you can pay up to 60% of the phone (or 50% depending in your ToS) and trade the 6+ back to VZ and get a new phone. Would reset your Edge upgrade date.

"To be eligible to Edge Up, you must:

Have had your Edge device for at least 30 days
    Have paid at least 75% (50% for customers with an Edge Agreement entered prior to 6/1/14 or 60% for customers with an Edge Agreement entered between 6/1/14 and 10/15/14) of the full retail price of the device
    Return the Edge device in good working condition with no significant damage, as determined by Verizon Wireless"

5. easyfame macrumors member

Verizon will only let you make your contracted payments or pay it off in full. You can't pay random amounts unfortunately.

6. redshadow macrumors member

Does EDGE let you buy the phone outright? Or do they charge you some sort of cost for basically financing the phone?

I'd pay it off (They let you keep it after that, right?), sell the thing on swappa for as much as you can get, and roll that money into a new phone .

7. easyfame macrumors member

Yes, you may pay off the phone at anytime, and there is no cost for financing.

I'm a verizon rep :rolleyes:

8. ashenfang thread starter macrumors member

Mission accomplished.

I paid off edge balace with my credit card (now I own the phone).

Edged a new iPhone 6 128gb.

Will sell my 6+ to recoup costs for paying it off.

Easy enough. Must say after using the iphone 6 for a day, yes the screen is smaller, but is still a good size and fits my hand much better. Also picked up the Lifeproof case for $50 and give it a try.

Funny thing is, I paid off the phone at the local corporate verizon store, but when I asked what they had in stock for iphone 6, the only model they had was the 16gb gold. Walked across the street to best buy and they had every flavor available. :rolleyes: