What are some good search engines?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Bubble99, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Bubble99 macrumors 6502

What are some good search engines? And search engines that have caching of web site?

I'm looking for some good search engines other than www.google.com or www.yahoo.com or www.bing.com

Also is google the only search engine that allow cache of web sites?

I'm looking for some other good search engine that allow cache of web sites.

Does bing have cache thing like google?

2. MikhailT macrumors 601

DuckDuckGo is my favorite. Use the bang to switch to specific search engines. For an example, if DDG doesn't give you any good results, you can add !g to search via encrypted google instead, !r for reddit search, or !b for bing search. They have thousands of bangs you can use.

There is the !cache bang, it will use Google's cache.

For other cache search engines, there's the http://archive.org that's usually pretty good.

3. Bubble99 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't think DuckDuckGo has cache like google has??

4. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I like Duckduckgo, but I'd be lying if I said I used anything but Google.

5. MikhailT macrumors 601

No, I did clarify to say DDG has !cache bang that will take you to Google's cache version when you need the cache.

There are only a few services that provide cached pages, Google and Internet Archive.org are the most popular ones. It costs a lot of money for little benefits, so no one else is going to start doing this when Google and Internet Archive are doing it.