what are some intense games to download?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by atlchamp, Oct 27, 2013.

1. atlchamp macrumors 6502a

I wanna test my graphics card power. What games can i download that will let me see how smooth my card is on my 15 haswell 750

2. Scott7975 macrumors 6502

3. atlchamp thread starter macrumors 6502a

mac

4. Scott7975 macrumors 6502

Diablo 3 and StarCraft 2 are both Mac playable. You will have to double check the rest of the list, because Im not sure.... CoD Blackops, Sims, Bioshock. Like I said, double check those 3 because I am not positive. There are probably more, but I am new to Mac. I know WoW runs on Mac if you like MMOs.

5. leman macrumors 604

Games mentioned by Scott7975 run on OS X natively, but they are far from being 'intense'. If you want to try really demanding game, Crysis 3 is what you want (Battlefield 4 after its released). On OS X, Witcher 2 is probably the most demanding game currently released.

P.S. Prepare to be humbled if you try these games :D

6. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

+1 on StarCraft2.

Can't wait to try Crysis3.

What can Haswell do this at? Medium?

7. PhixionFilms macrumors 6502

Post back some results when you get a chance. We would also like to see what kind of power it can handle. Also what are you using?

8. luffytubby macrumors 6502a

luffytubby

Battlefield 3 / 4 - These are demanding games. They use a combination of CPU and GPU power. CPU because the levels are massive and because the game throws 64 players at it simultaniously. That's a lot of calculations and processes for the CPU. Sophisticated shaders and normal mapping pushes the GPU the higher you raise the resolution. Most notebooks start choking past 1080p resolution.

Guild Wars 2 - One of my personal favorites. The more player joins in on the fun, the more enemies the game spawns. It's dynamically to make sure that players can't ruin the experience for others. So the more players = the more enemies which can end up with hundreds of characters, players and enemies fighting in epic battles at once. It pushes the hardware at these levels. Also the world versus world battles that throws massive armies of servers fighting against each other in all out war to capture castles and keeps.

The Witcher 2 - Another one of my favorites. This is a stellar computer game with an excellent story, great world and amazing graphics. Its the game of thrones of games.