Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
I wanna test my graphics card power. What games can i download that will let me see how smooth my card is on my 15 haswell 750

Scott7975

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2013
Diablo 3 and StarCraft 2 are both Mac playable. You will have to double check the rest of the list, because Im not sure.... CoD Blackops, Sims, Bioshock. Like I said, double check those 3 because I am not positive. There are probably more, but I am new to Mac. I know WoW runs on Mac if you like MMOs.

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
Games mentioned by Scott7975 run on OS X natively, but they are far from being 'intense'. If you want to try really demanding game, Crysis 3 is what you want (Battlefield 4 after its released). On OS X, Witcher 2 is probably the most demanding game currently released.

P.S. Prepare to be humbled if you try these games :D

luffytubby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
Battlefield 3 / 4 - These are demanding games. They use a combination of CPU and GPU power. CPU because the levels are massive and because the game throws 64 players at it simultaniously. That's a lot of calculations and processes for the CPU. Sophisticated shaders and normal mapping pushes the GPU the higher you raise the resolution. Most notebooks start choking past 1080p resolution.

Guild Wars 2 - One of my personal favorites. The more player joins in on the fun, the more enemies the game spawns. It's dynamically to make sure that players can't ruin the experience for others. So the more players = the more enemies which can end up with hundreds of characters, players and enemies fighting in epic battles at once. It pushes the hardware at these levels. Also the world versus world battles that throws massive armies of servers fighting against each other in all out war to capture castles and keeps.

The Witcher 2 - Another one of my favorites. This is a stellar computer game with an excellent story, great world and amazing graphics. Its the game of thrones of games.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.