Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Apple are quite handy at stealing 'features' from JB Devs

Notification centre. Control centre. Quick reply. Flux. 3D Touch. All previously available in one way or another from Cydia.

And those are only the ones I can remember right now. I bet the actual list is pretty long.

Pity they can't implement simple things like personalisation.
Totally agree with this!

Luna under iOS 6! Allowed for Do Not Disturb when the device was locked. Lo and behold, iOS 7 allows Do Not Disturb when the device is locked!

On and on!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
…realized i'm ok with apple's messaging app.
Well, I can't use Bite anymore unfortunately. I get by with Couria now, but unfortunately Apple's stock messaging just doesn't do it for me.

But if it works for you, then great!

MacMau5

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2010
Apple are quite handy at stealing 'features' from JB Devs

Notification centre. Control centre. Quick reply. Flux. 3D Touch. All previously available in one way or another from Cydia.

And those are only the ones I can remember right now. I bet the actual list is pretty long.

Pity they can't implement simple things like personalisation.

If they do Personalization .... They will make bank. Why you say? Look at any video game that allows you to personalize your character. They make millions of dollars just creating new skins for weapons on call of duty. It's going to do the same with icons. If they copy androids, I'm expecting iconoclasm or anchor/gridlock. Then some I widgets or bytafont3. Looking at the control center, their next step is to include different toggles like ccsettings. Another way to replace nightshirt is to include eclipse. More options in message customized pro.

npolly0212

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2015
I have always thought about jail breaking but never knew how to go about doing so..can anyone give me pointers?

I am on latest update so probably none available yet

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
If they do Personalization .... They will make bank. Why you say? Look at any video game that allows you to personalize your character. They make millions of dollars just creating new skins for weapons on call of duty. It's going to do the same with icons. If they copy androids, I'm expecting iconoclasm or anchor/gridlock. Then some I widgets or bytafont3. Looking at the control center, their next step is to include different toggles like ccsettings. Another way to replace nightshirt is to include eclipse. More options in message customized pro.
Apple will never allow full on customization. Why? Cost of support.

Sure they'll make bank as you said. Then they will lose it because they will have to pay geniuses to figure out what customers needing support have done to their phones.

Keeping people on roughly the same playing field as to what they can/cannot do to their device allows Apple to eliminate a lot of variables which reduces support time - which reduces the cost to Apple.

Last edited:
Reactions: Will22

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
i'm going on 6 days with the factory ios and i HATE it, only thing keeping my smile is having a brand new phone again even if i already had this model

Reactions: eyoungren

Skorpio

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2015
SC USA
i'm going on 6 days with the factory ios and i HATE it, only thing keeping my smile is having a brand new phone again even if i already had this model
IMO, the factory is fine if one hasn't experienced a JB'd phone. It's only once you are used to all the nice features a jailbroken phone has to offer that you get frustrated with the limited factory iOS.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
IMO, the factory is fine if one hasn't experienced a JB'd phone. It's only once you are used to all the nice features a jailbroken phone has to offer that you get frustrated with the limited factory iOS.

exactly. activator is what i miss most, i rarely use the home button and because of it my home button never fades like they're known to. and swipeselection

Reactions: Skorpio

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I was ok with being stock in early 2012 with my iPhone 3GS until I wanted to put an HTC flipclock on my lockscreen.

That's when I found out that iOS was nowhere near as customizable as Windows Mobile Professional 6.1.

The disappointment was crushing and is why once I found jailbreaking I stayed with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.