Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GlassBullet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
Ventura, CA
I'm one of those people who have to have all the icons themed on my phone or else i cant use that theme. A bit OCD, i know. Anyways, what are some themes that have a very large amount of icons? Right now I'm using Illumine which has a lot, but I'm looking for a change.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The UIImages folder will have:
AppIconMask.png
AppIconOverlay.png
AppIconShadow.png

If you are doing Cydia then you will have to download try the theme. However, if you manually access your phone you can just look for those files.

Also, check MacThemes and go for the theme threads which have a huge number of pages.

Remember, if you are using ToDo, but the theme only has an icon for Things, you can just rename the icon to ToDo.png and be fine. So you can repurpose icons you have, but aren't using.

PS. Dealing with themes is significantly easier if you manually upload files to your phone.

GlassBullet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
Ventura, CA
Yeah I know how to SSH into my phone and edit the themes and all that. And with the overlay, does it do it automaticly or do I need to edit it to get it to change the icons that aren't specifically in the theme?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.