What are the applications you have on your Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by celticpride678, May 17, 2009.

1. celticpride678

I don't have to many apps on my Mac and am looking for some. What are the apps you have in you Applications Folder? Thanks.

2. drrich2 macrumors member

I've got Microsoft Office Home & Student Edition; you could download Open Office for free (there's a version called NeoOffice, if memory serves; you'd want to compare that). Google's Picassa might be worth having. I use Adobe PhotoShop Elements from time to time. MacJournal is popular; I have it & have used it a little; some use it a lot. VMware Fusion & a copy of Windows XP (from NewEgg.com) are worthwhile to me for Windows only software, like my scuba diving computer uses.

Richard.

3. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

Archicad, Photoshop CS1, Artlantis Studio, Assault Cube*, Blackberry Media Sync, Bowtie, Domus Cad, Fluid Tunes*, Firefox, Google Earth, Handbrake, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, MS Office 2008, Need for Speed Carbon, ONYX*, Parallels Desktop 4, Racer, PocketMac, Rowmote Helper, Cube*, Stuffit*, Spore, Toast Titanium, The unarchiver, Voice Candy, Worms 3d.

You asked :)

*free and recommended.

4. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

I use a lot of free and open source apps I like Linux stuff but I love OSX so its a combination:

For editing images I use Gimp rather than Photoshop it works really well as an X-11 app. I rip my DVDs using Mac the Ripper. I use Abiword rather than Microsoft word. I use VLC rather than use Quicktime and the DVD player. I use Dragon Burn rather than Toast to burn discs that ones not free though. I do all my live recording for my bass guitar through my multi effects pedal using Audacity. I browse the web With Firefox I edit HTML with Seamonkey. I use CLam XAV for antivirus protection. I play a little Second Life using their latest browser app when I am bored, and a Full Tilt Poker app. I also have this neat little thing called Wallsaver which animates my desktop background. I use Growler to read messages from my system. I have Time Machine Editior so my computer stop making constant backups hourly now I just limit the backups to important ones once daily. I am trying out the Darwiin remote which connects Wii remotes to macs through bluetooth. I just downloaded Lightscribe yesterday so I can print DVD labels in the DVD drive we'll see how this goes when I get my stack of lighscribe DVD's from HP.