Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Has anyone found apps that do not work with 3.1 yet, or can we start a list here? I haven't updated yet, mainly because I haven't had the time, but I am also worried about half of my apps not working until they are updated. I'd rather wait if some of them aren't ready yet.

Can someone list any apps that you have found that do not work with 3.1 yet?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Has anyone found apps that do not work with 3.1 yet, or can we start a list here? I haven't updated yet, mainly because I haven't had the time, but I am also worried about half of my apps not working until they are updated. I'd rather wait if some of them aren't ready yet.

Can someone list any apps that you have found that do not work with 3.1 yet?

WinterBoard-works mostly but doesn't show wallpapers from theme (at least for some of us)
Mobile Terminal
Five Icon dock
WeatherIcon

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
WinterBoard-works mostly but doesn't show wallpapers from theme (at least for some of us)
Mobile Terminal
Five Icon dock
WeatherIcon

MobileTerminal works GREAT for me! Way better than on 3.0!

It opens just fine now, no upside down business, also when I go to exit I get a dialog box rather than it just entering "killall MobileTerminal"

I'm on a 3G and so far I've had no apps give me trouble.

Here's my status for iPhone 3G w/3.1 firmware:
Mobile Terminal Working
RedLaser Beta Working
iFile Working
SBSettings Working
Insomnia Working
StatusNotifier Working (from .deb, Cydia doesn't have latest)
LockInfo Working (I don't use Winterboard)
SafariDownload Working
Categories Working

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Yea. I'm one of those others. :D Haha. I was just asking what was happening. Try to re-install I guess.

I edited my answer after I figured out your question, sorry to be dense.

Did that with reboots in between, same problem.

I am quite sure when redsn0w is released, I'm gonna JB again as I believe PT is somehow responsible for these issues and apps not running.

Scooterman1

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2008
Houston, Tx
GroupMailer DOES NOT work for Forwarding Emails.
It stopped with ver. 3.0 and still doesn't work.
I wrote the dev after 3.0 and they said that Apple had told them there weren't any changes that should affect them. They said they had written Apple and were awaiting a response. I take it that they never got anywhere.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
@ ViViDboarder

You seem to have a good handle on these iphones.

Since Winterboard won't display the wallpaper on my theme (even tried using the User Wallpaper theme, no go that way either) and you don't use WB, is there a place I can ssh my theme wallpaper (wallpaper.png) into where it will display independent of WB ??

Thanks !!

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
@ ViViDboarder

You seem to have a good handle on these iphones.

Since Winterboard won't display the wallpaper on my theme (even tried using the User Wallpaper theme, no go that way either) and you don't use WB, is there a place I can ssh my theme wallpaper (wallpaper.png) into where it will display independent of WB ??

Thanks !!

Springboard wallpaper is one of the very few things you can't change with SSH. :( Unfortunately. Sorry.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Springboard wallpaper is one of the very few things you can't change with SSH. :( Unfortunately. Sorry.

No wonder I couldn't get it to work. I'm pretty handy with the SSH stuff also, but haven't got it solved and now I know why. Thanks !!

Edit: Found this, doesn't need WB, gonna give it a try.

It worked ! Finally got my theme wallpaper back !

Hunts121

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2005
Massachusetts
Five Icon Dock and iRealquicksms both work fine for me as well. In fact all the apps I use (don't use winterboard, found it slowed my iPhone 3G too much), work just as before. I don't know if flashing my phone to the official 3.1 release and then jailbreaking it has anything to do with that, but I know some people who did not go to the official 3.1 release first were having issues after jailbreaking for some strange reason.

iPunish901

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
Memphis, TN
Five Icon Dock and iRealquicksms both work fine for me as well. In fact all the apps I use (don't use winterboard, found it slowed my iPhone 3G too much), work just as before. I don't know if flashing my phone to the official 3.1 release and then jailbreaking it has anything to do with that, but I know some people who did not go to the official 3.1 release first were having issues after jailbreaking for some strange reason.

five icon dock works for me, but when i got texts the phone would go into safe mode with irealquicksms AND turn my icon dock back to 4 on its own...weird

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

With all due respect to the DevTeam, I believe Pwnage Tool 3.1 has some issues (more than just missing carrier error).

As soon as redsn0w comes out, I will be restoring and re-JB with that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.