what are the Best add-ons for Safari?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by spooky mulder, Apr 21, 2008.

1. spooky mulder macrumors regular

Hello, just wondering in your guys opinion what are the best add-ons/ extensions for safari?
    I am already using Inquisitor, any other suggestions? And what suggested add-ons/extensions do.

Thanks in advance and if this is the wrong place I apologize..:)

2. OzExige macrumors 6502

OzExige

Firefox

IMHO The best add-on for Safari is Firefox :rolleyes:

I've used both since their inception and even though I continue to try Safari at every upgrade, I still return to Firefox. I may be in a rut but Firefox is seamless, aesthetically pleasing, has great plug-ins like Web-developer toolbar and has very few problems with pop-ups and rogue sites.

gotta recommend it. :)

3. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

PithHelmet ad blocking is cool, but if the program causes an problems on your machine like it did for mine, don't expect to get any response from the guy who makes the program. I emailed him that his program caused a major problem with safari's window-closing behavior, but he never got back to me. I was only able to figure out the problem because I'm technically advanced on the Mac, but otherwise I woulda been screwed.

Having said that, it is a very cool program as long as it doesn't cause a problem.

4. jdavtz macrumors 6502a

SafariBlock with EasyList subscription (free, same as used (or at least useable) by Firefox's AdblockPlus).

And turning on smooth scrolling in OS Prefs.

5. weckart macrumors 68040

6. davethewave macrumors member

7. jcs1088 macrumors regular

Safari AdBlock, Inquisitor and my favorite one is Safari Tabs. Safari Tabs gives you the ability to undo closed tabs and force links to be opened in tabs instead of a new window.

8. spooky mulder thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for all the replies, i'll check some of those out. I've been looking at safari stand but can't figure out how to install it yet. Havn't paid that close to the instructions as of yet, havn't got around to it.. any pointers or a link to the instructions?

thanks again.

9. TheStu macrumors 65816

Um, are you on OS X? If you are, then it is already installed. If you are on Windows, then just go to apple.com/safari

10. mikelcroft macrumors regular

I believe they're referring to the 'Safari Stand' plugin. :)

11. spooky mulder thread starter macrumors regular

yes that is what i am talking about, sorry for the confusion. :D