What are the best cases or covers for the Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Bman3221, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Bman3221 macrumors member

I want to avoid scratches and dirtyness on my keyboard. I heard that some covers scratch the macbooks or do something. I want a macbook kinda like a sleeve but that will also protect it when I open it and so I can keep it inside while I use it. Any suggestions?

2. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

incase hardshell.
    search.

3. Macsforcollege? macrumors regular

what brand? i find so many but whats the best one??

4. Built macrumors 68020

I keep my Macbook in a Speck hard shell case, and use the Aussiebag protector. I carry it in a SpireUSA messenger bag.

I get lots of compliments from others on the Aussiebag and the messenger bag.

Both Aussiebag and Spire offer great service.

http://www.aussiebag.com/

http://www.spireusa.com/

5. Macsforcollege? macrumors regular

do you like the Speck hard shell case?? does it keep it safe? no scratches?? can you open the screen all the way??? i want to make sure it keeps it good and doesnt ruin the edges?

6. Built macrumors 68020

I love it. No scratches thus far on mine. The Speck case takes the abuse. A few scratches on the Speck case itself which WOULD have been on my Macbook had I NOT had the Speck shell. Fits very well. Easy to attach and easy to remove. I have had no issues with the screen. It does open all the way. I have removed it several times and my Macbook looks like new!

7. Macsforcollege? macrumors regular

Thanks! just ordered it. Hopefully that will help me stop being so paranoid... im nervous about the edges since one might be loose so this will do the job and keep my macbook clean and fresh!

8. Built macrumors 68020

I think you will really like it. There is no movement within the shell, so no real rubbing or jarring contact with the shell itself. Fits like a glove. Also, I find that it gives me peace of mind.

Enjoy!

9. dominordelingua macrumors member

Built, do you think the Spire messenger bag would be suitable for a college student carrying textbooks, (paper) notebooks, assignments, and a macbook?

It looks like it can fit quite a bit. What do you think? Is there a different/certain messenger bag you would recommend?

Thanks

10. ziaza15 macrumors newbie

i was thinking about getting a protector case for my macbook,you know the transparent ones, to keep it clean and scratch-free, should i be worried about the protector case causing overheating or damaging my macbook in any way or anything of that sort? :confused:

11. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Why would ppl have a case to destroy the design beauty of the macbook? So it gets scratched, big deal. It's not like it doesnt work anymore. You're adding thickness and bulk for no logical reason. I keep my laptop and accessories clean, not scratch free.

12. MrSEC macrumors regular

It's not a women, it's a laptop.People use their money to pay for the computer,so they can do as they see fit.;)

13. Built macrumors 68020

Hey domino...

Sorry for the late response. I was on a flight early this morning from JFK to LAX and just walked in the door.

I think the Spire messenger bag has tons of space without being too bulky, owing to the material they use (it looks like a very tough, soft canvas). I typically carry the Macbook, at least three magazines, two books, a fanny pack, and a case for my iphone and ipod in the 13.3 inch bag and it fits beautifully. The external strap, holding the bag closed, extends quite a bit.

The only additional feature you might want is an expanding feature, like in some of the Kipling bags which allow you to open a zipper and expand the interior of the bag.

I love the Spire messenger bag so much, that I have purchased an additional one for my Toshiba U405 (13.3") and for my Toshiba P305 (17.1").

I haven't had a look at the Kipling line but you might want to check them out to see if they have any new messenger or laptop bags. Their old messenger bags, however, did not have any internal padding.

14. Built macrumors 68020

This has not been a problem for me. The Speck hard shell case shows off the beauty of the Macbook while protecting its exterior and giving me peace of mind.

15. Built macrumors 68020

The Speck shell does not destroy the design beauty of the Macbook, IMHO. You can barely tell it is there.

I, for one, want to keep my things looking nice and not beaten to heck.

16. Built macrumors 68020

:):):):)

17. dominordelingua macrumors member

18. kage207 macrumors 6502a

I'd get invishield for my MacBook if I wanted to protect it that bad. Incase supposedly doesn't help that much but picks up dirt big time. I got invishield for my iPhone and I love it.

19. Built macrumors 68020

Any time, domino! :)

20. Built macrumors 68020

I was looking for a case for my 17.1" Toshiba and decided to take a chance on a relatively inexpensive alternative, the Zeroshock. I got two of them for cheap on Ebay...one for a 13.3 screen ( I have two...Toshiba and Macbook) and one for the 17 inch Toshiba. They arrived this afternoon.

VERY NICE. It fits the 17 incher snugly and has this great polyurethane liner. Seems as if it would protect any laptop well.

It is from Japan, but there are a few reviews on the Zeroshock online.

21. JayMan8081 macrumors regular

I use an Incase soft sleeve along with an Ogio messenger bag from the Firefox store. It works really well since the laptop slot in the messenger bag is slightly padded and the macbook in the Incase sleeve fits into the laptop slot no problem. Plus it supported an open source project in the process!

22. bob2131 macrumors 6502a

ahahahah
    true true

cases ruin the VIBE and feel.

ive only had mine for one day.......and ive been in bed with it.....and its got hella dust and stuff on it tho........maybe a case is good.......stops dust etc and debris from getting inside the macbook..............

23. Breegy macrumors 6502

Breegy

I kind of agree with you. I don't think the clear speck cases or whatever look all that great. I wouldn't want to cover the 'natural' beauty of the Mac. I don't mind a few scratches on the bottom, just nothing major. But really, I just want a good sleeve that's easy to get on and off so it doesn't get dinged around and get scratches or cracks as bad as my iPod(which I hate having cases on) has gotten from being in my purse.. :eek:

24. bob2131 macrumors 6502a

cases for ipod are good if you walk the streets with it....as it protects if you drop.

if just at home or car........no need for case.........as it hides the colour and feel of it.......and bulks it up........

case for macbook is only good for stopping dirt getting inside it.........