What are the best screen protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MacChinoNyc, Sep 21, 2010.

1. MacChinoNyc macrumors 6502

That wont interfere with a case. I'm using an At&t screen protector that is not staying down when I put my ifrogz hard 2 piece case. It crinkles up. I think the screen protector is way too thick. I like the case, reminds me of a seido 2 piece hard case I had for my blackberry. Any other recommendations for thin screen protectors?

2. Saberon macrumors 6502a

I'm a huge fan of Power Support

Get the crystal ones if you want your screen to look identical to before, but it will show fingerprints

Get the anti-glare if you want no fingerprints and no glare, but will make your screen look *slightly* fuzzy. Ive had the anti glare on 5 different iOS devices now and I can't even see the fuzzy now.

3. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I may try them. How do they work with cases?

4. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

The iFrogz was the first case I had for my iPhone 4 (now I am on case number 5 I believe lol). When you are putting it on hold your thumbs on the edges of the case as you slide the case carefully on. If you do it correctly, you will avoid the screen protector coming up on the edges.

5. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

Trying to figure this out myself. I won't be using a case, just a bumper at the most. I wanted a screen protector to diminish fingerprints and smudges but they all seem to interfere with the quality of the retina display. I have it down to:

Zagg
    SGP
    Power Support

I have the cheap stealth guard as a temporary solution but the it's crap even as a short term product.

6. JDNGuru macrumors member

I have tried AT&T's anti-glare, invishield and casemates. Casemates was the cheapest one and I like the feel of it. It feels like there is no screen! So smooth. Invishield does provide durable protection but its too sticky and thick for me. AT&T's anti-glare kinda sucked. Not worth 2 for $20. The apple guy put tape on the screen protector and a piece came off.

7. luisin macrumors member

For me:

1º Power Support Clear
    2º SGP Oleophobic
    3º ZAGG - Invisible Shield

Everyone tested by me

8. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

I'm loving the PowerSupport. Didn't care for the SGP antiglare -- I thought it made the screen look too fuzzy, and I didn't care for the feel, either.

9. aluren macrumors 65816

PS has the best quality shields imo. The crystal shield is as clear as the iPhone glass and replicates the "glare" nicely. I don't even notice it on sometimes. And it also feels like glass too.

10. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm going to order this PS screen protector. I dont think I'm going to keep the ifrogz case as I dont think the case or any 2 piece slide on hard case is going to work with screen protectors. I might just get a bumper type aluminum case to show off my phone more. I feel like I'm hiding it right now.

11. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Ive had 6 different cases, everything from a case that barely covers the phone to a "tank case" that surrounds it completely. Absolutely 0 issues with the PS protectors

12. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

Do the PS protectors reduce fingerprints and smudges? I know it won't be as good as an anti-fingerprint protector but if it does help in anyway it would still be useful. I find that the iPhones screen is very scratch resistant, I only want to screen protector to reduce fingerprints but do not want to ruin the quality of the retina display.

13. kim2272 macrumors regular

kim2272

14. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

i wouldnt use anything but Power support or SGP....ive personally used both and they are both top quality.

15. orangecrushv macrumors regular

Do these have cutouts on the back? I can't tell from the pics and descriptions. (I'm just looking for a cheap way to get a decent back protector, without having to spend $20 on a front and back set.)