What are the best values in the refurb store right now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Onigiri, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Onigiri macrumors newbie

Laptop or desktop doesn't matter much, I was just wondering what those of you who are familiar with the hardware think are the best deals in the refurb store right now? Thanks!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

It really depends on your needs, Apple does tell you the percentage you are saving...

3. Onigiri thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I have different needs. On one hand I would like an HD video editing machine. On the other, I would like a laptop which I could play some games on. And on the ever elusive third hand, I would like a macbook air for writing and web browsing.

4. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

The $749 White MacBook with nVidia 9400M is a pretty nice deal, imo.

5. Jigsawjammer macrumors regular

If I didn't jump on the 13" MBP the day after it came out- I probably would have bought this one. There are some good Oct. unibody deals on there.

6. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...I second this choice, its what I have (although I got mine NIB for that price as it was the last one at our base PX)... for the $100 cheaper price than the most current whitebook that was in the refurb store there were only a few differences that I had planned to change on either machine.

Current whitebook
    9400M GPU
    2.13 CPU
    160GB HDD
    2x1 GB PC6400 RAM

"Past gen" whitebook (just a few month earlier silent update)
    9400M GPU
    2.0 CPU
    120GB HDD
    2x1 GB PC5300 RAM

*** both machines can officially take up to 4 GB RAM and with both machines having a 1066 FSB = they both can use the PC6400 RAM ***

I upgraded to a 320 GB Scorpio blue HDD and 4 GB of the PC 6400 RAM so the ONLY difference that the most current whitebook bests my machine in = 130mhz of CPU speed.

The Mother board is the same on all items (ports, FSB, etc...), the RAM is the same, the HDD is the same and the GPU is the same = all for $849