What are the chance of a Iphone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by super michael, Jan 23, 2012.

1. super michael macrumors regular

I was wondering what are the odds of a new Iphone 5 coming out this year? I haven't had a Iphone before, but I used the Ipod touch which is very good and polished.

What are the chance that the new Iphone 5 will cost the same like the Iphone 4s new as like now?

2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

The odds are pretty good.

Yes will most likely cost the same as the 4S.

Haven't Samungs brilliant adds swayed you into getting one of their wonderful phones??

3. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4s: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Not sure, but if you're coming from an iPod touch, depending how old it is the difference should be amazing.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

If you perform a search on here or google you'll find hundreds of other threads asking the same question with lots of rumours and conspiracy theories.

Also ones asking what the next iPhone will look like and its specs etc.

Will an iphone {whatever they call it} be released this year is the million dollar question.

I like others await with bated breadth !

As an iPhone 4 user the iPhone 4s did not wet my appetite for my own reasons.

5. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Since there has been a new one released yearly since the iPhone introduction, it's pretty clear that the odds of a new one coming out his year are nearly 100%... although nobody knows exactly what it will be called or when will be released (likely sometime between July and October).

Of course, if you want to wait in order to have the very latest, you'll find yourself always waiting... since as soon as the next iPhone is announced, people will be talking about and questioning the following one to come out next year.

6. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4s: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

This right here.

7. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

This right here.

8. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

To be honest both the Iphone and the Samsung smartphone are just incredible, its a tough decision to choose. The Iphone and the Samsung are just so great, if I could I would choose both, but of course I can only choose 1 smartphone.

What I like about the Iphone is that it isn't that huge, there something about mobile phone being like 4.65 inch that just doesn't interest me.

----------

I see so the odd it coming are high like around (July - October) that isn't a long time of wait, only a few months till October.

I hope that the new Iphone has improved battery over the old one.

I have a mid range smartphone, when I recharge it fully, the smartphone last 2 days without recharging, then I need to recharge.

9. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Get the iPhone. There is a reason why the OS and the hardware are done by the same company.

10. DroidRules macrumors 65816

If he had done a search and posted in the many many threads already made about this very subject, he wouldn't feel important...... He had to make a new thread even though he knows about ALL the other threads because he knows this question gets a lot of responses and turns into a poo fest and it makes him feel special.

11. ApplesAndOrangs macrumors regular

Few months? Lol, October is almost 9 months away dude. Yah when that hits, you might want to wait for iphone 6.

And how much do you use that mid range smartphone? 10 hours a day?

12. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

I really hope Apple doesn't succumb to the "bigger is better" smart phone trend and make the iPhone 5 humongous. The whole point of a smart phone is so you can have a phone that is like a PC without all the size and bulk so you can easily fit it in your pocket. I really like the current size of the iPhone 4/4S.

13. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I doubt that Apple is going to make the 5 as big as the SG2 BUT, they got to do something as some of the other new smart phones ARE eating away at Apple hind end.

Apple really needs to make two new devices. One for the traditional Apple fan boys and another for people who are looking for something bigger! BOY, that would toss Apple's world into a tizzy!:p

14. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

If by poo fest you mean into flaming, I would never do that. I don't like flaming, I just like to hear the people opinions. To be honest I didn't know that a lot of thread of Iphone 5 are created.

15. matttye macrumors 601

A 4.3" screen easily fits in the pocket.

16. bassett700 macrumors member

bassett700

In the past 3 years, I've had an Iphone 3GS and Iphone 4 as well as a few Androids (Droid X, Incredible, Incredible 2). For me the sweet spot was 4" (TWSS). Yes, the Droid X (4.3") could fit in my pocket but I found myself wrestling with it a bit. This coming from someone over 6" tall. Size of Incredible 2 (4") felt perfect to me. On the Iphone 4 now and while I love the OS, the size is a bit small for my liking.

17. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

Of course, but that's not my point. My point is to keep a smart phone as small as possible while still being easy to use. I'm afraid of the trend where smart phones just keep getting bigger and bigger. Many of the "high-end" smart phones at the moment are too big for me -- sure, they still fit in my pocket, but now they are too bulky, thus defeating the idea of a small, unobtrustive phone. At least, according to my standards. I know for some people 4.5" isn't too big for them, but selling phones is about selling to a market, I'd like more people to prefer smaller phones.

18. xerudes macrumors newbie

19. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

20. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

reading the ops post i lost a ton of brain cells

21. matttye macrumors 601

See I feel the same, but I don't find a 4.3" super thin device to be obtrusive. It fits in my pocket, it's really light, I can use it with one hand. IMO the bigger the screen whilst still being able to use comfortably, the better.

22. google macrumors regular

wow, why does this topic come up every other day? There will always be a new iphone model X or Xs each year so stop with these dumb questions already

23. PJ. macrumors regular

I do wish Apple would be more upfront about the sort of time scale they are hoping for the next iPhone but I do understand it would be the sort of information that their rivals would love to have and could use against them but considering most people are on 18 month to 2 year contracts I do feel it wouldn't be too much to ask to know at the start of the year roughly what part of the year a new phone will come out so that one can decide whether to wait or not.

PJ

24. BiggAW macrumors 68020

It's going to be September most likely. They aren't going to do more than one in a year, but they want to get out before the holiday season. If they don't do it in the fall, then my guess would be between February and June of 2013. They waited 16 months on the last one, so it wouldn't be unheard of...

25. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Will there be a new iPhone this year? Most definitely yes. Will it follow the same pricing as the current iPhone? Most definitely yes. Look back at the history of iPhone introductions.