What are the chances delivery dates will be bumped ahead?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by G-Ziss, Sep 13, 2014.

1. G-Ziss macrumors regular

I placed my order with Apple yesterday morning and my estimated delivery is October 13-20. Any chance they will get more stock sooner than expected and that I'll get my phone sooner than that?

2. ORK8 macrumors member

Is there any chance? Of course. Do any of us know what will really happen? No. Lots of us, if not most of us, are hoping we'll see our delivery dates move up. We just have to wait & see.

3. srcstc macrumors member

I'd like to know this too. I'm in the same boat. :(

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

No way to know but historically Apple exaggerates delivery times to cover its arse.

5. ozshadow macrumors regular

Given the fact that my Reservation # expires at noon EST and the thing won't process to completion, at least 1 person will get bumped up. So pissed.

6. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

Call them.

7. ozshadow macrumors regular

Have twice. First rep said it was probably just due to the volume. Second rep tried twice on his end and it would not complete. Currently on hold to see if anything else can be done.

8. ozshadow macrumors regular

Rep said tech people know there's an issue. He provided our reservation # info to them. Odds are the issue will not be resolved in the next one hour and 20 minutes.

He tried to process it directly multiple times as well. Always the same issue where it is unable to process.

9. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

Damn that sucks. Hope they figure something out for you!

10. Ayr macrumors 6502

I'm guessing there will be a few really nice surprises and most people can knock a week off their delivery estimates. Exaggerating times relieves strain on customer service teams from point of sale through to supply chain.

Lots of Apple customers will be able to hook you up with their early delivery stories.

11. AppleRobert macrumors 603

For which iPhone 6 specifically?

12. saltd macrumors 6502

saltd

Its been known to happen. It did with the iPhone 4, way back. I doubt anyone on here knows yet. As soon as someone gets a delivery date bumped UP, I'm almost positive that a new thread will be created. The subject line in ALL CAPS!!!!, most likely.

13. ozshadow macrumors regular

Rep gave the reservation info to higher up tech support. They knew of the issue. My guess is something imported wrong from Sprint when it was created.

We all tried multiple times, even the rep. All the same result - confirm old plan, time out with carrier error like it gives when it first creates the reservation.

I just said screw it. I ordered the exact same phone through the App Store app start to finish, fully processed in under 30 seconds. Of course it ships in 7-10 days now, instead of delivered on the 19th.

Something was definitely wrong with the Reservation # system.

14. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

If it was for AT&T,I'd say good,judging by the number of cancellations so far!

15. keeganxt macrumors regular

Apple.com is still listing my delivery dates as 10/1-10/6.

Using the UPS reference tracking method with my phone number I was able to find my ups tracking number. 1.3lbs. Label created 9/13. Then I remembered that I have a myups account. Logged in and it told me the ship date is 9/19 by 3pm. Score!

16. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

What info did you use with the reference tracking method? All I have is the Apple order number.

17. matthew23 macrumors regular

I would like to know this too. My delivery range is the same. I ordered through Apple.com. I got my Apple confirmation with the web reference number. However when I plug that into the UPS tracking site cannot find it.

18. Glene, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014

Glene macrumors 6502

Have been on every launch since iPhone started, the dates have all moved up some after initial batch....I'm guessing a week or so earlier than what is given to you on the email order tracking....

19. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Where is the web reference number?