What are the chances of finding an iPhone next weekend?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Circus Monkey, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Circus Monkey macrumors newbie

I've been waiting patiently to purchase an iPhone for about 3-4 months. Ok so June 9th is expected to be the announcement/release of the iPhone 2.0. My question is, what do you think the odds are of me finding one in store (Buffalo) around June 14/15?

Plenty in stock? Not in stock? All sold out? Too close to call? Somebody please ease my tensions.

2. saxamoophone macrumors regular

Depends a bunch of things:
    - When is the street date (might be as late as Early July for all we know)
    - When is the WORLD-WIDE launch date
    - How many units are produced
    - How many benjamins ($$$$)

If this baby launches world-wide, expect it to sell out FAST. If it's a US early launch, the supply will probably be ok.

If they try to rip everyone off again like last time ($599?) then i'm sure you'll get one no problem too ;)

3. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

If the original launch was any indication, you should be able to find plenty.

4. shinchook macrumors regular

shinchook

its gonna be hard to find one. Get it now while you can...

when 2.0 comes out people are going to be jumping all over this thing

5. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

There was plenty last time, with it launching worldwide, they might not have the stock? Just a though...

6. jrbdmb macrumors 6502

jrbdmb

Key is when the phones will go on sale. Rumors say U.S. availability anywhere between "immediately" and the end of June. And availability from AT&T retail / online stores may be different.

After the fanbois get their phones on the first day, no reason to think that there won't be plenty of new iPhones available.

7. jrbdmb macrumors 6502

jrbdmb

:confused: This update to the iPhone is necessary and welcome, if only for 3G, but I don't see it as the revolutionary product that the original iPhone was, and I don't see buyers suddenly "storming" the Apple stores to buy this. However, if the subsidy rumors are true and U.S. consumers can put an iPhone in their pocket for $199, I do think that Apple will sell many more of this iPhone than the original and supplies could be an issue.

8. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

if the iPhone is accounced on Monday the 9th, when would be the soonest it goes on sale. Tuesday the 10th?

9. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

No way to tell you as every city is different

I know of several people in several cities and some found iPhones on launch day easily when the original iPhone came out. Others couldn't find an iPhone for 100 miles around them.

It took me driving 50 miles to get my iPhone on launch day

If you are willing to drive, I would call AT&T/Apple stores around you early in the day and ask.

10. D3lta macrumors 6502a

If it comes out June 9th, after Steve announces it, then it shouldn't be a problem for the first 2-3 days to find out since your average joe won't know about it.

11. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Remember that report on a shipment of 'electronic computers'? There were A LOT of containers!