what are the chances of getting ichat for iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by megadon, Jul 19, 2009.

1. megadon macrumors 6502

In the last couple of years, most my friends who had BB who didn't use it for work now have iphones (and I know it's not like that everywhere) but anyways.. I'm not even wondering about the camera capabilities..but do you think ichat will come out so iphone users can stay in contact with each other..
    and will AT&T stop it from happening because they'll lose money because they might get less people using text..??

2. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

3. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

I predict iChat for iPhone and a Window's client next year.

4. Acronym macrumors 68000

Having built in msn would be cool

5. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

For what it's worth, the AIM client that's available for free in the App Store is already textually interoperable with your iChat buddies.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Exactly.

You can do everything the O.P. asked for using AIM or Nimbuzz or any of the other chat apps that use push notification now.

So why should Apple bother making a program that does the same thing these other 3rd party apps are already doing?

7. QuadCoreDad macrumors member

Hopefully we get to see this in the 2010 model.. :)

8. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

9. QuadCoreDad macrumors member

You forgot to round up to one decimal place. :D

10. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

11. yalag macrumors 65816

why the FU** do you need ichat, when there are 39038240928 IM apps in the appstore?

12. Nickday89 macrumors regular

Old-school iChat maybe, for just IM's, so people can use that over AIM. It could happen.

13. darngooddesign macrumors G3

14. megadon thread starter macrumors 6502

my beef is that with the multiple IM apps out there is that they don't have the predictive text incorporated into them, thus making typing a really big pain since I'm very used to making mistakes and the predictive text fixing things for me..

do you guys know of any IM apps that do use predictive text?

just thought a native chat app would obviously have the predictive text, and since it would be free.. you never have to worry if the other person you'd like to talk to is willing to pay for the same app,

15. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've gone away from iChat --->>>Skype on my iPhone. Also Facebook has their chat as well. Gawd, I keep forgetting that I've got iChat on my MBP and Mac Pro.....:eek::eek::eek:

16. yalag macrumors 65816

test behavior is common for all apps including native ones, they all uses the same API. what are you talking about?

17. megadon thread starter macrumors 6502

sorry, I probably wasn't clear..

what I was trying to say was lets say you're typing an email or a text, if you have a spelling mistake, the phone will correct it for you,

but the IM apps I've used, (eBuddy for example) if you're typing in the app, and you make a spelling mistake, it does not correct it for you, you have to hit backspace and make sure you hit the right buttons..

and after a few years of getting used to this predictive text, it's very hard to use a app that does not have it.. thus making my typing very slow and irritating

18. The General macrumors 601

Beejive has auto-correct. So does AIM for iPhone.

Though it'd be nice to have something Apple-designed like iChat for iPhone. Beejive has them best UI for an IM app in the App Store, but it's far from good in my opinion.

19. megadon thread starter macrumors 6502

cool cool..
    thanks.. I was reading the beejive thing on the app store and the reason I didn't get it was it didn't know if it had auto-correct
    well, that solves one problem..
    but at the same time I wish there was a free apple app,

20. lavinci macrumors 6502

21. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Hmmm....werent there like a billion voice memo apps, and apple still made a native one?