What are the chances of...

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 29, 2005
4,323
297
What are the chances of Apple redesigning the WHOLE iBook line, changing it completley - - - TOMMOROW!

I've been dying for an iBook..

It is long over due and ... I can't wait any longer!

I'm a student going into highschool, wanting to do the best I can, and I believe that an iBook would help me reach my goals.

When do you think they will update it...

If your ganna say "not another form about this" don't put it...

Thanks...

lilstewart92
 

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
1,212
0
Chicago
i think its extremely doubtful that apple will redesign the entire ibook and just bam throw it up there on the page

i think they will wait to have an announcement/keynote to get a chance to introduce it

i doubt that they will just be getting a VRAM and speed bump.
 

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
1,495
0
Rockford MI
Im 99.999% sure that its not going to updated tommorw let alone a whole new design. Just wait becuse apple is attendeing something around the 24th (sorry mind blank) of June aka June 24th
 

zulgand04

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
240
6
Northborough, MA
i would't think they would have a design change untill the transition to intel. like otheres have said it would prolly be mid - late summer or fall before a minor speed boost. but in my opinion not for a while with a redesign.

-Neal
 

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
1,897
0
I like the current design, it's still pretty fresh. The white appeals to me, I like clean designs.
 

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 29, 2005
4,323
297
maybe just a regular update... like 9600 64mb VRAM and 512 RAM standard ummm... 80GB HD standard on 14" and 40GB standard on 12" 1.33GHz on 12" and 1.42-1.5GHz on 14". Bluetooth still BTO. Maybe higher resolution?

What do you think about those??
 

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
642
0
Wisconsin
runninmac said:
Im 99.999% sure that its not going to updated tommorw let alone a whole new design. Just wait becuse apple is attendeing something around the 24th (sorry mind blank) of June aka June 24th
Anyone know anything about this? Just curious cause I thought the next event was Paris in September.
 

nightdweller25

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2005
421
0
lilstewart92 said:
maybe just a regular update... like 9600 64mb VRAM and 512 RAM standard ummm... 80GB HD standard on 14" and 40GB standard on 12" 1.33GHz on 12" and 1.42-1.5GHz on 14". Bluetooth still BTO. Maybe higher resolution?

What do you think about those??
I think your high... Take out the 80 GB standard, the 9600 graphics cards, and your higher resolution ideas, and your almost there. IT will probably be 60 gigs standard and change the graphics card to the same one as in the 12-inch PowerBook and you're there. Bluetooth MAY be standard, considering the iMac has it standard, but thats unlikely :cool:
 

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
1,152
0
lilstewart92 said:
What are the chances of Apple redesigning the WHOLE iBook line, changing it completley - - - TOMMOROW!
Slightly WORSE than the odds of the Cubs winning the World Series in 2005 without Kerry Wood, Mark Prior and Nomar Garciapara, with Steve Bartman in the stands at every game, and Bill Buckner playing first base, the curse of the billy goat hovering over their heads, all the while wearing wooden clogs and rubber duckie flotation devices, and ...

You get the idea!! :D