What are the chances thats on 3.1.3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by romeo22, Apr 26, 2010.

1. romeo22 macrumors member

Some one is selling a 3gs they just got on vodafone (uk) 2 days ago what are the chances it iwll have the latest firmware?

the guy is selling it doesnt have internet or itunes so he cant check the firmware and i dont want to drive 50 mins if the phone is locked on voda, im on O2, he got the phone on contract update but doesnt want it is there a way to find out the firmware/ baseband without registering the phone?

2. dhjapple89 macrumors member

On the iPhone itself goto Settings > General > About > Version 3.1.x

If it says 3.1.3 then it's on 3.1.3, if it says 3.1.2 its on that.

You don't need iTunes to check the firmware version

3. romeo22 thread starter macrumors member

The phone has not been activated so he cant check only emergency calls cant get in the phone it self

4. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

5. romeo22 thread starter macrumors member

Mate, on gumtree someone is selling a 3gs he doesnt like touch screen phones he doesnt have internet so no ittunes the phone is on voda, im on O2 and i dont want to travel for 1 hour to get it if i cant use it so im trying to find out what firmware his on but i cant, but i can get the serial number of the phone etc

6. romeo22 thread starter macrumors member

4th and 5th degit of the serial number is 13 and i think that might be the 1st or march? dont count me on this but i think i read somewhere 4th and 5th degit is the month/week etc

7. thespazz macrumors 6502a

Go to Ih8snow and have him download and run Forecast.

Voila!