what are the chances?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rust.puppet, Dec 27, 2008.

1. rust.puppet macrumors regular

that the new imac will start at the 1,199 price point? is it pretty standard that they keep the average prices from the last model or what?

i'll be 100 or 200$ short till January 10th anyways.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It won't be cheaper, that's for sure. It'll either be the same or more, as the MacBooks were.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Yes, but they did keep the white MacBook around and thus effectively lowered the MacBook entry price.

So it is conceivable that a lower priced iMac will be available after the refresh, but it could be one of the current models.

B

4. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

If its just a speed bump or memory bump, expect prices to stay the same. Even if they really change them, I doubt we'll see them raise prices... desktops are already struggling, it wouldn't make much sense to raise prices as they are going out of style.

5. m1stake macrumors 68000

Desktops are hardly going out of style. Yes, laptops have been a quickly growing market, but there are many situations where a laptop simply does not have the firepower to get the job done. However, it's also conceivable that this whole recession thing may be having some sort of impact :rolleyes:

6. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

Oh yea I traded my macbook for a iMac and use my iPod as mobile seeing I dont use consuming applications while out of my room and desk. Space UHF I tusibg my iPod now lol

7. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

There will be like in Macbooks the entry level iMac will be erased and new entry level will be at 1200-1400€. So the iMac for stupids will be gone.

8. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

My prediction: +/- $100 or the same as what they're at now. Nothing huge.