What are the differences between all the jailbreaking programs

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by orpheusmyth, Sep 16, 2008.

1. orpheusmyth macrumors member

Hi guys. I'm thinking on jailbreaking my iPod Touch, but I still have some questions about the different software programs that I've found over the internet. I just want something that's simple to use, doesn't need restoring, and that doesn't delete all the musics I have on my touch. I'm using Windows, unfortunately lol. I've already searched in Google but still haven't found information clear enough to know how to get it working.

Thanks.

2. orpheusmyth thread starter macrumors member

3. auggie2k macrumors member

auggie2k

Jailbreakme.com if you have FW version 1.1 (which is very unlikely).

Other than that, it pretty much gets messy (and do NOT use Ziphone).

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I agree quickpwn is the easiest and most hasslefree way to jailbreak your ipod touch. You just have to updated it to 2.1 if you want to jailbreak the newest firmware. Pwnage tool is pretty much as easy, and you have more customization options, but you have to option-click the restore button in iTunes and restore it to the file the pwnage tool made. Pretty much the same just requiring one more simple step.

5. hooplehead macrumors member

It's easy, but doesn't work.

6. YodaEXE macrumors member

Lots of people have had it work just fine for them, so apparently, it does work. Lemme guess, you tried to use it on one of the new 2nd gen touches?

7. JL7 macrumors member

uhh yes it does:rolleyes:

8. BucketsTouch macrumors newbie

just make sure you have the newest version out on 9/19 worked great and hassle free. :D
    Mark

9. kingballin20 macrumors regular

kingballin20

agreeeeeee

10. hooplehead macrumors member

Nope, old 1st gen, but I've purchased the updates through iTunes. And what's really strange, is my friend who bought his a few days after I bought mine, also tried to use QuickPwn, and he has the same issues I've posted about. He doesn't use messageboards, so he probably won't post about it.