What are the differences between all the jailbreaking programs

orpheusmyth

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2008
Hi guys. I'm thinking on jailbreaking my iPod Touch, but I still have some questions about the different software programs that I've found over the internet. I just want something that's simple to use, doesn't need restoring, and that doesn't delete all the musics I have on my touch. I'm using Windows, unfortunately lol. I've already searched in Google but still haven't found information clear enough to know how to get it working.

Thanks.

auggie2k

macrumors member
May 16, 2008
Ireland
Jailbreakme.com if you have FW version 1.1 (which is very unlikely).

Other than that, it pretty much gets messy (and do NOT use Ziphone).

jmann

macrumors 604
Try QuickPwn.
I agree quickpwn is the easiest and most hasslefree way to jailbreak your ipod touch. You just have to updated it to 2.1 if you want to jailbreak the newest firmware. Pwnage tool is pretty much as easy, and you have more customization options, but you have to option-click the restore button in iTunes and restore it to the file the pwnage tool made. Pretty much the same just requiring one more simple step.

hooplehead

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2008
Lots of people have had it work just fine for them, so apparently, it does work. Lemme guess, you tried to use it on one of the new 2nd gen touches?
Nope, old 1st gen, but I've purchased the updates through iTunes. And what's really strange, is my friend who bought his a few days after I bought mine, also tried to use QuickPwn, and he has the same issues I've posted about. He doesn't use messageboards, so he probably won't post about it.