What are the first few applications I should download using installer?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Drucifer, May 5, 2008.

1. Drucifer macrumors regular

Just hooked up my wireless.

BossTools is one of them right?

I remember seeing a post with about 3 different recommend apps that you install ASAP but I can't find it.

Thanks.

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

you will need bsd subsystem and if you want to ftp into touch then open ssh will also be needed.

3. Drucifer thread starter macrumors regular

Well I downloaded BossTool and OpenSSH but it looks like BSD Subsystem is already installed. I checked the uninstall option in installer and it was listed but I'm pretty sure I never downloaded it.

I also downloaded iPhysics and TTR. iPhysics only had a few levels and TTR had none at all. How do I go about downloading them?

Also I tried to download a few other games and things like Summerboard but it kept giving me an error. I tried holding the home button until it finally closed Installer and then tried again but got the same error.

4. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

add some sources, and you will get iphysics levels, ans for ttr, it is based off of what you have on for music, and it DL's onto your ipod

5. Drucifer thread starter macrumors regular

IC, I thought there would be songs already for TTR. So I need to actually select Create New Beats? I was hoping there would be songs already created.

Also when you say add some sources do I need to look online for them first then add them using installer?

I'm sorry for the dumb questions I'm very new to this.

6. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

With TTR, you need to be connected to the web to play beats, unless you want to play your own.

My list of things to install.

BSD Subsystem
    SUIDLib Fix
    BossTool
    OpenSSH
    January Software Upgrage (If you didnt buy it)
    SummerBoard
    MapsOffline
    VNsea

I could live without the rest.