What are the limits of Apple's iPhone SDK NDA?

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Littleodie914, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Hey guys, I've finished writing an application for the iPhone, and I've got a screencast of it that I'd like to post online for everyone to check out. So, I have two questions:

1) Does posting a screencast of a self-developed iPhone application break the NDA?

2) Are there any good places you guys know of to store large ~25MB video files? My preferred option would be to embed them on my web page, but if it's an external link, that's alright too. :D

2. Nutter macrumors 6502

1) Yes, I'm afraid it does.

2) Take a look at Viddler.

Congratulations on finishing your app. What does it do?

3. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Thanks a lot for the info. :) I'm assuming (hoping) that on the 9th the SDK will be released from beta and the NDA will be dropped. (What's the point of creating cool software if you can't show it to anyone?)

My app is just a pretty simple task/homework management program, but it seems to be fitting great into the iPhone's drilldown design paradigm. :D

4. Nutter macrumors 6502

Hmph. I'm still waiting to get accepted into the iPhone Developer Program. (I'm in the UK.) I'll be pretty pissed off if they open up the App Store before I've even had a chance to test my software on real hardware!

5. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Dang, that's a bummer! Has there been any word on whether the App Store will be launching on the date of its announce? (Like the 9th.)

6. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

I was just reading through the actual license agreement for the iPhone SDK, and the only portion I found that related to material produced/developed by anyone *using* the SDK states as follows:

Therefore, as long as no information regarding the SDK itself is released, wouldn't application screenshots be considered "information independently developed by the recipient without the use of any of the other party's Confidential Information"? Or is the SDK itself considered "Confidential Information," which would cause problems considering the "without the use of..." statement.