What are the most protective iPhone cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by davchun, Mar 11, 2018.

1. davchun macrumors newbie

I’m looking for the most durable, protective cases (drop and water) for an iPhone. Bulkiness and weight don’t really matter, as long is it’s a practical case

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Otterbox Defender Series I have used in the past and is excellent for drops and rugged work environments. Well constructed.

3. AE14 macrumors 68000

AE14

I have heard good things about the Spigen Pro Guard. It’s very reminiscent of the Defender. Also, the LifeProof Fre has its fans as well.

4. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

The Otterbox Defender is possibly the best for drop protection....but it lets grit into the case and scratches the phone. Do not buy it, unless you’re going to take it off every couple days to clean it out.

The Lifeproof Next and Fre are excellent cases, and extremely tough. Also, customer service is excellent. If you have a problem with your case, they’ll send you a new one every time. That offsets the higher price. I’d get one of those, and a glass screen protector.

5. Duncanator macrumors 6502

Duncanator

With the Fre case, it states not to use a screen protector as that can affect the tightness of the case.

6. Prozak0820 macrumors 6502

Prozak0820

7. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

That’s true-I should’ve made that distinction. No need to double up.

Unless you need absolute waterproofing, I’d skip the Fre. That plastic film definitely adversely affects the overall pleasantness of using the screen.

8. Prozak0820 macrumors 6502

Prozak0820

Life proof nuud is also good. Prefer it over the fre