What are the most technical problems of ipad especially hardware?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vetani, Nov 9, 2010.

1. vetani macrumors newbie

vetani

hey :rolleyes:
    I'm planning on buying ipad 3g 64G sometime soon:D

the problem is :
    there is no official Apple Retail Store nor reseller in my country
    so there are many different prices on ipad here some with insurance some without

i found all stores sells ipad with 1150$
    although apple sells it with only 829$
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :mad::mad:

stranger than that that almost all of the stores sells it with the same price but without insurance only one store sells it with insurance, and the insurance is from the store it self
    i asked them about it, they say the insurance is based on hard ware of ipad the same thing for apple global insurance that i read on their site

the global insurance of apple won't work for me as i mention the reason above

recently, i found a store sells it with a reasonable price 950$ same price i found in amazon
    but its without insurance
    and I'm planning to buy it with out the insurance

now what i want to know
    does the ipad has many technical issues that makes the insurance important? what are they?

another thing?
    if i choose to buy the ipad with out insurance and suddnly sth not working
    how can i get it repaired?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Firstly, are we talking about insurance or a warranty? Insurance covers if you break it, warranty covers if it breaks down.

iPads in my experience in my store have been supremely reliable, I can still count on one hand the number that have come in with actual hardware problems.

Which country are you in?

3. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

I think he's looking for common warranty problems, things that are common which cause them to be replaced. They are still too new to really notice any trends, maybe dead pixels but even that I don't see too often on the forums. They do seem pretty reliable, I beat mine on a daily basis and it still ticks.

4. vetani thread starter macrumors newbie

vetani

I'm from Saudi Arabia :p
    sorry what i meant was warranty not insurance :D

i read that thing like green screen and voice problems or even died battery
    can happen and those who had these problems got their i pad replaced with new one in apple stores

i can't do that if anything happens

I'm just worried that if i buy it with out warranty sth happens and maintain ace will cost me even more than what i paid for it