What are the odds?? FedEx delivery tomorrow??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bradleydavid53, Jun 14, 2009.

1. bradleydavid53 macrumors member

So my macbook has been shipped from China, then Alaska, later California, and finally it is in Seattle.. The last 3 FedEx tracking updates are as follows:

Jun 14, 2009 2:51 AM At local FedEx facility SEATTLE, WA
    Jun 13, 2009 4:09 PM At dest sort facility SEATTLE, WA
    Jun 13, 2009 3:54 PM At local FedEx facility SEATTLE, WA

What are the odds that it will arrive tomorrow? It is scheduled to arrive on the 17th by 4:30.. Yet- i am only an hour away from Seattle.

What do you think? Should i give my hopes up????:confused::)

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. bradleydavid53 thread starter macrumors member

I called FedEx, the guy said he "doesn't have information like that, just the address of the destination."

Perhaps i should call again in the morning?? Maybe i got transfered to an international line or something that is always open....

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

You should never get your hopes up before the estimated date.

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i think it's likely you'll get it before the 17th, though who knows if you'll get it tomorrow. either way, congrats on the macbook!

6. bradleydavid53 thread starter macrumors member

Well, we will see!
    And- thanks. i have never owned a mac, and have been a PC user for years.. i played with one the other day and thought, what the heck, the MBP 13" sounds interesting.. so i went for it..

hopefully it does not let me down:)

But then again- i cant count the number of times VISTA has if i had a dozen hands:)

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Congrats on your purchase! I switched over a year ago and haven't looked back. I don't regret it in the least.

I do love Vista and XP though. Their constant problems keep me employed ;)

8. efyou macrumors regular

Something weird happened with that tracking number that's for sure.

9. CK Williams macrumors regular

Similar situation. My expected delivery date is 06/18 by 4:30. My package arrived at the sorting location in Atlanta early this morning. It's highly doubtful the package will sit there for 4 days (and if it does I will definitely have some words with Fedex). Realistically, unless they get it on a truck early today, it will probably be 06/16 for the delivery. I would expect yours to be the same.

Either way, enjoy your new MBP. :)

10. DrBroccoli macrumors newbie

You'd be surprised! I ordered my MBP+Free iPod and my iPod arrived at the local facility on Wednesday and it's been chilling there since then! Except for the fact that I've been in out of town I would have been all over that FedEx facility to pick it up--Especially since I live 15 minutes away! (I'm not sure if that makes it worse for me or them... haha)

11. CK Williams macrumors regular

Maybe they want to walk it to you to save gas. :rolleyes:

Update on mine, just arrived. Now to swap the drive.

12. WarriorTi22 Guest

Mine still has the estimated delivery date listed as the 18th, yet my packege is on the truck for delivery ;). Apple had it listed as the 16th, so not only did fedex beat themselves, but they beat apple too! My lucky day.... I can't wait to get my 15" MBP!

13. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

Y'see, I've worked for FedEx and I'll let you in on a little secret. They have a tachyon accelerator at the main hub in Memphis which enables them to deliver packages before they even arrive at the facility.

Don't tell anyone, just bask in the glow of the new machine...