What are the odds??

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Trout74, Oct 2, 2007.

  1. Trout74 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    #1
    When leopard is released, it will obviously be included in the new iMac, but what are the odds of a slight update to the iMac with the introduction of leopard?

    THinking of buying this Friday, but dont know when leopard will be released and if the iMac will get a slight update.

    Thanks
    Trout
     
  2. negatv1 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2005
    Location:
    MI
    #2
    As soon as you buy your iMac the very next one sold will come with Dual Quad-Core CPU's and 8 gigs of RAM as a 'silent upgrade'.
     
  3. WhiteNoiseMaker macrumors regular

    WhiteNoiseMaker

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2007
    #3
    I'd say the odds are slim to none! but why not just wait for Leopard? Its only 4 weeks tomorrow at the very latest before its out (hopefully).
     
  4. shu82 macrumors 6502a

    shu82

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2007
    Location:
    Rocket City, AL
    #4
    Extremely low, probably not until mid-to-late spring.
     
  5. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

    MongoTheGeek

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2003
    Location:
    Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    #5
    There will probably be a bunch of updates with leopard. The minor revisions of iApps often precedes hardware updates (just had a bunch). Also now is the time to release something new for Christmas.
     
  6. Trout74 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    #6

    what would be your best guess as to what the updates would be? I dont see a new chip possibility, possibly more RAM, but that doenst matter, I can buy that, only thing I could see is a graphics card update.

    Trout
     
  7. Squonk macrumors 65816

    Squonk

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2005
    #7
    The iMacs are so newly refreshed (well more than a simple refresh...) that there will not be any changes to the iMac line when Leopard ships.

    I could see possible CPU/hard drive option refreshed sometime next year, say 2nd quarterish, maybe.
     
  8. caseydude macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2007
    #8
    Leopard will have updates thats why im waiting a few months after it is released to buy it.
     
  9. Yuppi macrumors regular

    Yuppi

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2007
    #9
    Beware, there will be a 1/3 price cut to the iMacs. But you could still buy one now and sue apple for 1 mio dollar ;)
    I would wait for the leopard announcement. I think it is worth it.
     
  10. wazgilbert macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2007
    Location:
    UK South
    #10
    dude, Leopard is the update! stop deluding that after +1yr that this update will get anything before 3rd qtr '08
     
  11. psychofreak Retired

    psychofreak

    Joined:
    May 16, 2006
    Location:
    London
    #11
    it will get increased stability, with 10.5.1, 10.5.2 etc...
     
  12. caseydude macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2007
    #12
    Dude it will have bugs and updates also just like Tiger and every other os they have put out, chill man.
     

Share This Page