What are the odds??

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Trout74, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Trout74 macrumors 6502

When leopard is released, it will obviously be included in the new iMac, but what are the odds of a slight update to the iMac with the introduction of leopard?

THinking of buying this Friday, but dont know when leopard will be released and if the iMac will get a slight update.

Thanks
    Trout

2. negatv1 macrumors 6502

As soon as you buy your iMac the very next one sold will come with Dual Quad-Core CPU's and 8 gigs of RAM as a 'silent upgrade'.

3. WhiteNoiseMaker macrumors regular

WhiteNoiseMaker

I'd say the odds are slim to none! but why not just wait for Leopard? Its only 4 weeks tomorrow at the very latest before its out (hopefully).

4. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

Extremely low, probably not until mid-to-late spring.

5. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    There will probably be a bunch of updates with leopard. The minor revisions of iApps often precedes hardware updates (just had a bunch). Also now is the time to release something new for Christmas.

6. Trout74 thread starter macrumors 6502

what would be your best guess as to what the updates would be? I dont see a new chip possibility, possibly more RAM, but that doenst matter, I can buy that, only thing I could see is a graphics card update.

Trout

7. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

The iMacs are so newly refreshed (well more than a simple refresh...) that there will not be any changes to the iMac line when Leopard ships.

I could see possible CPU/hard drive option refreshed sometime next year, say 2nd quarterish, maybe.

8. caseydude macrumors newbie

Leopard will have updates thats why im waiting a few months after it is released to buy it.

9. Yuppi macrumors regular

Yuppi

Beware, there will be a 1/3 price cut to the iMacs. But you could still buy one now and sue apple for 1 mio dollar ;)
    I would wait for the leopard announcement. I think it is worth it.

10. wazgilbert macrumors regular

dude, Leopard is the update! stop deluding that after +1yr that this update will get anything before 3rd qtr '08

11. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

it will get increased stability, with 10.5.1, 10.5.2 etc...

12. caseydude macrumors newbie

Dude it will have bugs and updates also just like Tiger and every other os they have put out, chill man.