What are the risks of redsn0w Jailbreak??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by whitesn0w, Feb 2, 2009.

1. whitesn0w macrumors newbie

hey all ive got an ipod touch 2g sorry if this is a stupid question but i wanted
    to now if there are any risks involved using redsn0w to jailbreak it.such as if i stuff it up am i able to restore it and getting working good again

Thanks whitesn0w:apple:

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Unless you are very technically inclined you should not attempt using redsn0w lite. There too many things that can go wrong with it, and the dev team currently offers NO support whatsoever if anything goes wrong. You could easily brick your ipod touch if you do something wrong. I would suggest waiting for the full (untethered) jailbreak.

3. zero.fx macrumors member

You can not brick your ipod touch 2g that easily by trying to JB it with redsn0w. You might think you have but infact it is, there is not much wrong with this JB if you cant get it working you can always restore it back to the original firmware. But as the above said if you are not so tech minded i wouldnt try it yet cos it is quite tricky.
    If you want to JB you should either wait for the Full version of redsn0w or at least wait for a GUI version of what we have right now cos there is a fair bit of terminal involved at the moment.

4. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

and by no support he means if you ask for help your banned from there site for ever

5. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

You could potentially brick the iPod if you tried hard enough. Most problems should be resolvable with a restore.

If you're thinking of using Lite, I'd highly recommend watching some tutorials. They make it *a lot* easier. :)

6. whitesn0w thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thanks for the tips and advice im thinking of trying it but still not sure . i pretty good with computer and top in my grade so i might give it a shot

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

8. whitesn0w thread starter macrumors newbie

thanx andybno1 im about to give it a shot now fingers crossed

:eek:

9. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Direct quote from the readme on the redsn0w website. Please be careful.