What are the roadside/directory assistance charges?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by runninmac, Aug 26, 2007.

1. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I was just looking through my past iPhone bills and I noticed that I had 2 things on my bill that I don't know how to use/ don't know what they are, so could someone please explain what the roadside assistance and directory assistance charges are? Is there a way to cancel them to save $4-5 a month?

2. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

There's more information on your AT&T bill/ AT&T website. I believe the roadside assistance is either $1.99 or $2.99 a month and covers 4 calls for up to $50 each time in towing or basic repair (jumping cables, 3 gallons of gas, etc.).

3. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Yes, call and cancel the roadside. Someone snuck it on to make more money. It's pretty common. (Unless you have a car. The roadside assistance is actually a pretty good deal.)

Dunno about the directory assistance. Did you call 411?

4. PaulFromJingle macrumors newbie

Directory assistance charges are common among all the carriers now -- it's not necessarily an iPhone thing -- and often are as high as $2 per 411 call.

Next time you're tempted to call directory assistance, try our number instead: 1-800-Free411. It's just as free as the name implies.

5. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

Or just Google it.

6. method525 macrumors member

As others have said directory assistance is when you call 411. It is a 1.79 per call and roadside assistance was stuck on there by a store rep most likely or someone trying to get a commission on that feature sale. Just call up CS and have it removed. The first month should have been free.

7. beth8024 macrumors newbie

smart tip for your phone bill

be practical girl...just for few second on the fone, youll get exactly what you need and what your asking for. with the 800-411SAVE im sure youll never use the phonebook anymore and your gonna be happy like me and never did call any other company aside from them for informations!!!! LoVe iT ;)