What are the rules for Mickey?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by profmatt, Jul 14, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I'm fairly sure Mickey looks left between 6 and 12, and right between 12 and 6. But sometimes he looks down and I haven't yet figured when.

He taps his feet every second, and I read he blinks every fifteen.

What behaviours have you noticed?

2. fultonjt macrumors regular

fultonjt

3. Mojopin macrumors regular

Mojopin

he blinks a lot more than every 15mins maybe every 10 secs or so mine seems to

4. applewatch macrumors 6502

applewatch

LLOYD!! Sorry, I just saw your avatar is Ari Gold.

Anyway, I read somewhere that said that Mickey taps the foot that his hand is pointing to. So if his left hand is point left, his left foot taps.

5. iBighouse macrumors 6502a

iBighouse

Open hand for the hours, finger point for the minute.

I wish I was a drummer, I could tell you more about his butt bouncing- but it seems to me that he bounces his butt at a faster rate than he taps his foot- maybe like twice the speed? Maybe he's twerking at double the tap rate?

Maybe this should be a poll: IS MICKEY TWERKING?

6. Bigdog9586 macrumors regular

Every 15. Hold your finger in the left lower corner and display stays on till you let go. I went 45 sec. and he blinked every 15.

7. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

I love the Mickey Face but dang he makes it hard to tell what time it is, so I do not use it often.

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Bring any 2 Apple watches together with the Mickey Mouse watch face and you will notice the feet tapping is synchronized.

9. Armen, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015

Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Easily solved. Follow the steps below:

1. Go to the clock app on your iPhone and add a new world clock based on your current location (for example if you live in New York, search for New York)
    2. In the Apple watch App on your iPhone Go to settings > Clock and select City abbreviations.
    3. Select the world clock you added in step 1. (in this example its NYC). Erase the abbreviation and just put a <space> for the name.
    4. Add the new world clock you just created to the Mickey Mouse watch face and you will end up with this. 8:52 represents the current time.

Only thing to look out for is that if you travel the complication will still show the current time of your home location. I don't travel often so the time is always California time.

[​IMG]

10. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

Yeah I dont like having the time displayed though on that face since it only gives you 3 items to pick from, so I do Weather at the bottom, Battery at the top left and Activity at the top right :)

11. mark34 macrumors 6502a

I finally decided I can stop using the battery complication because it is pretty pointless given the non-issue battery life has turned out to be.

12. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Analog watch faces are best for approximate timing, not exact. Mickey does just fine with that.

13. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

I broke down and updated the complication to show the time and removed the NYC from it, I will just do it that way after all, Thanks!! :)

14. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

The main rule for Mickey is that you can't see him unless you raise your wrist. Kinda magical. :D

15. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

Or reach out and touch him!

He's just a pleasure to watch...kind of demands a black, white, yellow or red band to go nicely with him.

16. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

17. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

Actually, I kinda wish all those animations could be shut off. I'd prefer a replica of the old MM watch face I knew as a kid, and that was static. All this motion .... meh, not for me. Though, glad others enjoy it :)

18. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Battery level as a complication in my opinion is a waste of a complication because:

- Battery percentage is available as a glance.
    - The Apple watch will warn you when battery is low and give you a low power mode
    - in iOS 9 there is a new system level widget named "batteries" that include the battery statuses of your iPhone and any bluetooth paired devices that support the function. (Mine showed my iphone battery, LG headphones battery and Apple watch battery all in 1 widget).

19. Mac2me, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015

Mac2me macrumors 6502a

I get it, and I don't use Mickey that often but he does make me smile when I do. Actually his movements remind me of the old, old Mickey Mouse B&W cartoons (not even sure if they were "talkies"). I keep thinking of "Steamboat Willie" (Mickey Mouse's debut). He had those moves way back then so guess they could be described as vintage really and original.

I took battery off my most used face, but I do think it is helpful if you are still experimenting with what your watch can do relative to your pattern of use. For example, let's say you are comfortable with how you've been using it but now want to add a few new apps or do something else like play music or use the fitness app where you didn't before. Your battery use will undoubtedly be altered and that little icon gets a new life. Do agree that once you are set on how you will use the Watch in your routine it probably becomes unnecessary as a complication.

20. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Actually, I sometimes switch to analog when I need to see more precisely what the time is - the analog faces are the only ones that show seconds!

21. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

In that regard, true. But I never look at an analog face and think, "Hey, it's 9:53"; rather, I go "Oh, ten to 10:00".

22. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

No issue there and completely understandable. I just don't think the battery percentage on the Apple watch should be given such importance as an iPhone battery. Worst case scenario your Apple watch becomes just a watch. A dead phone doesn't even make phone calls.

23. StophMac24 macrumors 6502

StophMac24

The Mickey Rules are simple:

1. Have kids
    2. Take them to Disney
    3. He steals your money

Failure to comply can result in time spent in a mythological place called Mickey Jail.

24. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I just noticed that the Modular face shows seconds as well. The time separator flashes. It doesn't give you that context of remaining seconds, though.

25. applewatch macrumors 6502

applewatch

With "It's a Small World" repeating endlessly.