What are the sales number for the new iPT?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 1458279, Sep 7, 2015.

1. 1458279 Suspended

At last check, the iPT wasn't even on the shelves at several retailers. Some even had the OLD iPT at the NEW iPT price. Some sales people didn't even know there was a new iPT :(

So, does anyone know if it's selling well or not?

Personally, I hope the sales are great so that Apple will put out at least one more version. Haven't really seen any bad reviews of it and the price seems fair overall.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

The iPod Touch has just been updated, so no immediate concern required about the next update.

Only Apple know their sales figures. They'll tell us how many were sold when they publish their quarterly report. Unfortunately, the iPod line is grouped into the 'Other' category, so we really won't know.

3. HoiPiet macrumors member

HoiPiet

Its still out on display, not in the stuff for sale on shelves in the store. I could be completely wrong, but I assumed that Apple is selling directly till demand slows to match supply. They were available briefly from Adorama.

I'm doing my part. I got one and think its a remarkable device for the price. It fits my needs perfectly.

4. WLS macrumors 65816

Labor day and no sales on this? I'm disappointed. I guess it will take till Black Friday before we see any good deals on it. Just give me $50 off on the 64GB Touch and I'll buy.

5. lionsy macrumors 6502

Didn't Apple start including all iPod sales with the other category when announcing sales figures these day? Doesn't that mean no one will know unless they specifically choose to tell us?

6. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

I guess the main reason for wanting another update is for ApplePay and iBeacon. Right now, I don't think it can be useful in business transactions and the price point for a truly portable Apple device make it out of reach in many countries.

7. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Sorry, but I think that it was unrealistic to expect a sale on Labor day. It wasn't released all that long ago and still has not made its way through all the retail channels.

Costco is selling the 32GB at $20 off which is where I bought mine. Great device, having a blast with it.

8. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

They sold at least one after I bought one :D.

In my opinion, it's a great device with the only negative being the battery life.

9. Andres Cantu macrumors 68020

Andres Cantu

Not sure about sales numbers, but I sure hope that they're good enough for Apple to take notice and continue to make advancements in the product line.

10. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Exactly my concerns!
    Just heard one business show talk about saturated markets and that only 30% of iPhone6 sales were to iOS users. This means that Apple is well aware of where the market is and that offering a lower price product after they've reached the saturation point with the high priced products would be a wise choice.

The point where people hold current devices longer is either here or very close. How much better does a product need to be in order for someone to dump their current device and start a new payment plan. For many, that payment plan is the deal killer, whereas the iPT could become the killer deal.

11. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

Apple don't separate ipod sales figure anymore. I guess its not worth showing. Number might be low.

I test the touch 6 last week. While it is obviously beautiful, there is little use with such small screen. Maybe mainly for apple music. It will definitely sell more if they included the plug.

12. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I love the size. The more I use my iPT6 the more I'd like an iPhone in that form factor.