Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
I may need a Logic Board replacement and obviously Apple would do it, but what are the steps in replacing it on a Late 2008 Aluminum MacBook?
Also, are there any possible issues/after-effects from replacing the Logic Board? Thanks.

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
You can view the steps for yourself at http://www.fixit.com

Select your model of MB and choose the logic board part, then the replacement guide.

As for after effects...in reading here, it seems computers with replaced logic boards may end up back for another replacement in the near future, but in theory there shouldn't be any, pretty much a brand new computer on the inside.

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
You can view the steps for yourself at http://www.fixit.com

Select your model of MB and choose the logic board part, then the replacement guide.

As for after effects...in reading here, it seems computers with replaced logic boards may end up back for another replacement in the near future, but in theory there shouldn't be any, pretty much a brand new computer on the inside.

So, my computer might need another Logic Board replacement after the first replacement?

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
So, my computer might need another Logic Board replacement after the first replacement?

Just reading around the forums for a while, it seems there's an increased incidence of a computer that's had it's logic board replaced eventually needing another replacement.

This could of course be because people will post to complain, but not to say that their replacement went fine, obviously. That right there skews the dataset a fair bit. Honestly, just get it replaced if the speaker popping is that big an issue.

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Just reading around the forums for a while, it seems there's an increased incidence of a computer that's had it's logic board replaced eventually needing another replacement.

This could of course be because people will post to complain, but not to say that their replacement went fine, obviously. That right there skews the dataset a fair bit. Honestly, just get it replaced if the speaker popping is that big an issue.

Haha. You know me too well:D. I guess you could be right with people just posting to complain, but I hope not. The people at my local Apple Store are usually really fast and good with repairs, they know me by now :). Thanks for the information. Now to just think if I really, really need it, or if I can live with it. It is just weird, but thanks.

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
I know you too well? :D

More like I've just seen you go back and forth about logic board/software/external hardware for weeks now with the darned speaker popping. ;)

Gotta build up a rapport with the other common posters around here :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.