What are the supported resolutions with MiniDP-to-HDMI adapter?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by V4705, Apr 20, 2011.

1. V4705 macrumors 6502

I heard the MBP family support different resolutions with VGA adapter and HDMI adapter, so I'll be happy to see a list of supported resolutions on each "connector", that way me and others will know which connector to use for our native resolutions TV/external monitor.

P.S - if theres a list on apple's website and I missed it (I did tried to find it myself), please let me know how you found it, that way the next time I could find it myself.

Thank you!

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

I believe the max resolution supported by the macbook pro regardless of adapter is 2500 something by 1600 IIRC. Basically any display with a native resolution of that, or less, is able to be run by a MBP.

Found it: Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colours

The adapter you use shouldn't matter, though why you would want to go through VGA unless you absolutely have to is beyond me. DVI or HDMI are a much better option.

3. V4705, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011

V4705 thread starter macrumors 6502