What are the ups and downs on Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by RabbidAssassin, Nov 23, 2009.

1. RabbidAssassin macrumors member

RabbidAssassin

OK this might be a dumb question but is it really that much better to jailbreak your iTouch??? I know quite a few people that jailbreak their iPhone and they like it but what is the real big thing about it?

I watched a few videos on YouTube about this Redsn0w program. Would this be the best one to use or is there a better one?:apple:

2. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

ups: many things

downs: having more dumb threads like this

3. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I'll just save you the HUGE COMPLAINTS FROM REPEATING THIS THREAD BEFORE...:eek::D

some up's: you can download a variety of themes for your ipod touch, including a blackberry theme like version....

you can also change the "iPod" thing to whatever you want on the top of your ipod touch.

and you obtain the percentage meter on top of the ipod touch battery logo... (i heard you can do this, but havn't done it!)

Down's: in order to go back to your normal OS....u need to reset everything and u might lose data...:D

4. mutantblack macrumors regular

You will have to reset everything but other than jailbreak data, you won't lose any of your music, official apps you download from itune etc etc.

Upside?
    Themes, multi task, put all the apps in folder, hide apps, blank apps, I don't think I can list them all what jailbreak can do. It's the best thing happen to ipod touch and iphone. I won't buy it if there's no jailbreak.

Downside?
    None for me.

This question is repeating over and over. If you look around, you will find your answer.

Oh I notice you have 3g itouch, you can't use redsn0w. You have to use blackra1n. Read read and read more before you do anything.

5. speedy4321 macrumors newbie

Ugh... looks like everyone got to the upsides before me...:(

Upsides:TONS of downloads if you know how to use it, some good games, tons of themes, other internet accesses.

Downsides:
    Like someone before me posted, can delete some data.
    Also, it voids your warrentees with apple.

Uhm...so thats it. I probably havent listed them all though.