What are these blank white icons and how do I get rid of them?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by maximus96, Aug 9, 2010.

1. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

Last week I installed SBsettings and hid the stock calculator, itune store, and stocks app.

Yesterday I removed SBsettings to see if it was eating up my battery, but forgot to un-hide the above beforehand. After downloading and installing an app from the appstore, the three hidden apps appeared all of a sudden, as well as these blank white ones…

Anybody know how to get rid of them? I tried to press-n-hold and can’t get rid of them. Clicking on them also does nothing…

[​IMG]

edit: fixed, nevermind, re-sprung and they went away. i had to download 're-spring' from cydia because i don't have sbsettings anymore but that fixed it.

2. p0rkch0p macrumors member

i had the same thing, except it also unhid the winterboard and nike+ app which was wierd. i rebooted and they dissapeared

3. BaldyUK macrumors regular

That happened to me about 5 mins ago. Resprung and they went :confused:

4. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

They seem to come and go a lot,, very annoying. It also makes SBsettings and winterboard icons even thought I have they set to be in the settings menu

5. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

I get them too. Everytime I download an app or an updated app from the App Store.

6. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

More specifically, I only get these icons from downloading apps from the App Store through the iPhone. I don't get them when I use iTunes and then sync my iPhone.

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

This is a known issue with libhide. While we wait for a fix, a simple residing will re-hide these apps.

8. QwikEVO macrumors newbie

freaking annoying.

I get this too with the Nike app.

9. iphonetheme macrumors newbie

Fix white icon with iSpirit, and install apps thr iSpirit, would not appear white icons.

10. Barneygumble47 macrumors regular

11. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I just had this issue with my unjailbroken 4.1. Rebooted and they went away.

12. Channyboy macrumors newbie

The random app thing :3

Does anyone have iFile?
    If they do, then go to the apps section, because I have the same problem. They just appear when I download something from the App Store, they just randomly appear and then I have to keep re-springing. Very annoying..

Best thing to do is go to iFile, and remove the white apps that are appearing on the list. Make sure you remove them from the trash as well. After that, make sure you re-spring it to ensure success.
    Mine is working perfectly well. Like everytime I download an app, it doesn't happen anymore. :)

13. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I do not recommend removing them from your system files, They are diagnostic apps and deleting them may cause a future issue, after all a simple respring removes them from the springboard.