What are these error codes and what is causing it?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by HBOC, Jan 18, 2010.

1. HBOC macrumors 68020

Ok, a quick history summary. I hadn't noticed this before installing my new Hitachi 500GB drive. Also, hadn't noticed this since installing Windows on this machine (it has since been deleted..partition is gone). I get a screen saying (in several languages) that i need to restart my computer. The background image is attached.

This happens like every 2 weeks or maybe longer. Is random. It doesn't happen during a specific task. In the last few times, I have just been looking online or checking emails. I also broke down the error log in 4 or 5 images, as it was too long for one shot. I will do a repair disk permissions or whatnot to see if that helps... I have the latest software updates..

Attached Files:

2. HBOC thread starter macrumors 68020

the last error message screen shot, it overlaps a bit from the last image..
    also, the hard drive isn't acting up. Nothing freezes or anything. Runs a lot smoother since the upgrade.. I do have microsoft drivers installed for my Bluetooth 3000 (5000?) mouse, although i will be getting the magic mouse pretty soon as i have a gift card at apple...

Attached Files:

3. mbestel macrumors member

Kernel panic

The "You need to restart your computer" screen indicates that the OS has suffered a kernel panic.

The kernel is basically the central component of the operating system that manages resources. If it panics - meaning that is has an unrecoverable error - the system needs to be restarted.

At first glance, the error looked like it has something to do with the Bluetooth kernel extension.

Were you doing anything with bluetooth at the time?

Mark

4. HBOC thread starter macrumors 68020

I just use the mouse. I have the intellipoint drivers installed. I thought that i saw the bluetooth on the error code, but wasn't sure that was the problem. Sometimes the mouse becomes "un-paired" with the computer, and has trouble discovering the mouse. Hence why i want to get the magic mouse.