What are these "holes" in my rMBP's bezel?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tigress666, Apr 11, 2014.

1. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Ok, I just noticed two um, holes I guess? Lenses? on my rMBP's bezel. One is just just above the screen on the left side, one just below the screen on the left side (they are not even with each other though and the bottom one looks bigger than the top one). They look kinda like the camera except they are smaller and I know the camera is in the middle. They look like they are supposed to be there, not a flaw. But they look odd and are bugging me now that I notice them. And they are going to bug me until I know what they are.

So anyone know what those are? Light sensors maybe?

2. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

3. I'm a ROb macrumors member

? I don't see anything on mine. The light sensor should be next to the camera.

4. SquirrelGirl macrumors member

SquirrelGirl

One of two things, an antenna (they are housed in the bezel) or an air bubble in the screen's adhesive/debris.

As long as there are no "holes" in the visual field of the screen you are good to go :) these screens have been broken down and pulled apart, there are certainly no nefarious secret cams imbedded to stalk you at bedtime :)

5. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

Well, I wonder if you were 'lucky' and got one of those Special Edition NSA models.. Wow, I've never seen one, DO provide some pics!! :cool:

** but in all seriousness, I kinda wonder what it may be.. I shall await the verdict!! :D

6. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Are you saying the OPs Macbook is a special edition model shrouded in conspiracy? We can't be certain!

[​IMG]

That's totally what she said.

7. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

If it was an "NSA Special Edition", you couldn't admit it publicly, unless you want the black vans outside...

8. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

Haaa.. Well, if we never hear back from the OP then I suppose it will 'clear to us all here' what has happened.. Indeed.. So clear.. :D :cool: :D

9. tigress666 thread starter macrumors 68040

Ok, sorry it took so long, had to find some way of getting the pic somewhere I could show people. It's really hard to see in this pic and I only have one of the bottom hole (The top one I couldn't get it to show up at all in the photo. But it's on the top part of the monitor, a little farther right but not much, and smaller ). If you look on the screen at the small full circle on the desktop image on my monitor, and below it is a curved line, if you look at the bottom of the curved line you can see the "hole".

[​IMG]

I mean they both look perfectly cut out (very perfect circles) like they were meant to be that way.

10. macunwired macrumors member

macunwired

Very interesting. Hard to tell in the picture, but my guess is the solution that is between the glass and LCD has "bubbles" in it. I haven't seen any before, but it makes sense. If it is still under warranty you could could get it replaced if it bothers you.

11. tigress666 thread starter macrumors 68040

Will it affect my computer at all (I mean is it something that might make the bezel seperate from the glass)? Or is it purely just a cosmetic thing with no real affect on future reliability or operating of the machine?

Cause if it's purely cosmetic I'll probably keep it, there's worse things one could get (besides, that means waiting another few weeks for a model as this had a RAM upgrade or them opening up my machine which could introduce worse problems).

12. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

nonono, that's what he said.