What are these parts? Just curious...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by taryn, Nov 3, 2010.

1. taryn macrumors newbie

Just had my macbook repaired. I have the white, 2007 macbook. Every once in a while the case cracks where the magnets lie, and I bring it in and they replace it at my local Apple store. This past time I picked it up, brought it home, and the thing wouldn't work at all. Soooo, I took it back in, it got mailed out to the depot, and a week later I have my computer back. It works great, I didn't have to pay anything, and the following items were replaced:

630-9105 Main Logic Board (sleep/wake issue)
    605-2432 Top Case (no mouse/trackpad response)
    631-0873 Connector (Enclosure - Mechanical/cosmetic damaged)
    607-1861 Heatpipe (thermal module defective)

Just curious what the heck was wrong with it, and how it got damaged when they were only replacing the bezel.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Logic board is the brains of the computer. It has everything on it, CPU, GPU etc. Not sure what connector is Apple talking about, there are so many of them. Enclosure may refer to some connector between case and logic board for example. Heatpipe seems to be the heatsink or something.

Maybe it was damaged while they were repairing it

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I'm confused.
    According to the list you provided, they replaced the logic board (mother board), top case, heat pipe and a connector, and as the logic board has all the computational components on it, the MB will work again.

What do you mean with
    ?

4. taryn thread starter macrumors newbie

spinerlys - sorry - when I first brought it in it was to get the cracked case replaced (this is a quality control issue with these macbooks). They replaced the bezel at that point - the bottom part of the laptop case (I guess - that is what the invoice said anyway). It was after that repair that the computer stopped working. When I brought it in, I was told it kept going straight to sleep mode - couldn't even log in when starting it up. It just went to sleep.

It just seemed like a lot to repair, since it happened when they were only replacing part of the casing. Just curious what it all meant.

Thanks for the answers - same to hellhammer. I know next to nothing about this stuff but like to learn.