What are this type of Monitor called?....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AlmightyG5, May 7, 2006.

  1. AlmightyG5 macrumors 6502

    Jul 7, 2005
    I was wondering what those monitors are called that are touch sensitive with those pens. Concept Artists use them...you just touch the screen with the pen and the pen acts a mouse for drawing and stuff. What are those called?
  2. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

    Mike Teezie

    Nov 20, 2002
    Well, there's the Cintiq, by Wacom.

    This is the only one I'm aware of. If you want to buy me one, that would be great.
  3. janey macrumors 603


    Dec 20, 2002
    sunny los angeles
    buy me one too :D
    i just got an intuos tablet from wacom, but i'd kill to have the cintiq.
  4. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

    Aug 5, 2005
    To answer your question, it's a tablet. As for where to get them... no idea
  5. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

    Mike Teezie

    Nov 20, 2002
    To be precise, he asked about touch sensitive monitors. A tablet doesn't quite qualify. Not trying to be pissy or anything here, just posting for clarification.

    As for where to get a Cintiq, you can buy one directly from Wacom at the link I listed above.

    Get ready to spend some major coin.
  6. slooksterPSV macrumors 68040


    Apr 17, 2004
    I've just heard them called Touch Screen Monitors. Where you said touch sensitive they are Touch Screen Monitors. Not sure if there is a fancy name like LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) or CRT (Cathode Ray Tube). Just TSM (Touch Screen Monitor)

Share This Page