What are useful apps?

CJUN26

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
West Coast
Hi,

I haven't download anything on my laptop at all aside from skype.
I would like to know what are the most useful apps for someone who's into trimming sizes of music, pictures and files?

I listen and download a lot of music and upload a lot of pictures.

Other than those apps what are the most useful apps everyone uses here?

My background is: I'm not in college yet but I am not sure where to look or what apps are out there. I need a lot of opinions.

I heard about ONYX, what is that? Is that necessary to have? Tell me what i need. I have a 15" i5 Macbook Pro 2010 mid. 2.4.ghz. 4GB. :)

DKTacts

macrumors member
May 16, 2010
MD
We have the exact same laptop - whoo hoo.

Anyways, I'd suggest Chrome if you don't have it yet (In my opinion a vastly superior internet browser)

And Caffeine - it prevents your laptop from dimming when you're not touching the trackpad (like if you're watching a video, or reading something for awhile)

Probably my two most used apps. Oh and Spotify is pretty cool if you can get in.

CJUN26

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
West Coast
We have the exact same laptop - whoo hoo.

Anyways, I'd suggest Chrome if you don't have it yet (In my opinion a vastly superior internet browser)

And Caffeine - it prevents your laptop from dimming when you're not touching the trackpad (like if you're watching a video, or reading something for awhile)

Probably my two most used apps. Oh and Spotify is pretty cool if you can get in.
what is spotify?

CJUN26

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
West Coast
I wasn't really asking what app is for me.

I guess I was asking what everyone uses. And I'll pick my options from there :)

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I wasn't really asking what app is for me.

I guess I was asking what everyone uses. And I'll pick my options from there :)
The first link I posted contains links to threads where this has been discussed ad nauseam. Check them out to see what others are using. You'll find them quite helpful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.