Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by nathan1281, Sep 2, 2009.
Updated Ipod Touch
Updated IPod Classic
Updated Apple TV
Seriously there is already a couple of threads on this... Need more...?
iPods, Apple TV and iTunes 9
All of Apple's software will be brought up to speed. iWork X will be released. iLife X will be released. New iPods and updated Apple TV.
Whinging (aka: whining).
"WHOO HOO!!!!! "
i hope we see all those things. but we probably won't
Beatles on iTunes
As far as I understand it, it's a "music" event, so you'll see updated iPods and possibly iTunes.
Apple TV is an unlikely possibility, unless the iTunes news involves movies as well (which isn't really relevant to music). It's highly unlikely we'll see any mention of iMacs, Mac Mini, or iWorks software, and even less likely for the "iTablet".
I completely agree, I believe this is simply going to be an iPod and iTunes event!
I think we'll see the following:
1) New iTunes 9.0 software with some interface improvements, social networking interface, support for the "Cocktail" digital album liner note system and a new QuickTime program that adds Blu-ray support for certain Mac Pros (available now with a BD-RE drive upgrade) and for the iMac and MacBook Pro (upgraded models coming in October).
2) New 5G iPod nano with 3.2 megapixel camera, 16:9 aspect ratio display, improved version of the 4G nano interface with "Cocktail" digital album liner note support, and 8 or 16 GB of flash memory storage (unless Apple was able to get higher density flash memory, then we may see 16 or 32 GB of flash memory storage).
3) New 7G iPod classic with 3.2 megapixel camera, larger 16:9 aspect ratio display (with smaller click wheel), interface akin 5G nano with "Cocktail digital album liner note support, and mostly likely 120 GB hard disk storage (though it's possible we may see a single-platter 160 GB hard drive or 128 GB flash memory storage).
4) New 3G iPod touch, which is essentially an iPhone 3Gs minus the cellphone functionality but now sports a 3.2 megapixel camera. It will use the iPhone 3.1 software, which adds "Cocktail" digital album liner note support. Storage capacities will be 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB flash memory.
5) A possible announcement of the remastered Beatles catalog now on the iTunes Store, with the remastered album downloads including "Cocktail" format digital album liner notes.
Maybe that first poll option should have said "A very skinny Steve Jobs". He still doesn't look well, but it hasn't been that long.